vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slipping into summer cache 2008

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    They have two cookers at Smedburgs Crystal Spring Farms in Oxford but I'm sure that is way too far to go.
    That would be great but that is a little to far for me to drive and get it and bring it back after we are done.
    Blazing Troll

You could always do the redneck pig roast . . . go find someone's 250-gallon oil tank near their trailer, cut it in half, weld on a handle, hinges and chimney and voila . . . redneck pig roaster. I mean . . . it's warm enough now so I'm pretty sure someone around you has a oil tank that they're not using right now . . . although that may change in a few months time. . . . and oh yeah, you might want to drain the fuel oil before cutting it apart.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

To offset not having a pig to roast this year we are going to deep fry three turkeys in a fryer and also deep fry some hot wings.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    You could always do the redneck pig roast . . . go find someone's 250-gallon oil tank near their trailer, cut it in half, weld on a handle, hinges and chimney and voila . . . redneck pig roaster. I mean . . . it's warm enough now so I'm pretty sure someone around you has a oil tank that they're not using right now . . . although that may change in a few months time. . . . and oh yeah, you might want to drain the fuel oil before cutting it apart.
    I know there are a couple of drums in yard from 15 yrs ago when my father in law owned a gas station, I wonder if they are full of empty
    Slowly but surely

Talking Will the REAL rednecks......

please stand up.

We used to make a roaring fire and throw an old mattress on it. Once the material and excess stuff had all burned off. On went the pig. We never had anyone ever complain or get sick......at least from the pig.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm roasted pig seasoned with bedbugs.....
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm roasted pig seasoned with bedbugs.....
    Sheesh! The bedbugs would probably be tasty. I'd be worried about all the other things that a mattress has accumulated over the years!

As a matter of fact:

" 100 grams of cricket contains: 121 calories, 12.9 grams of protein, 5.5 g. of fat, 5.1 g. of carbohydrates, 75.8 mg. calcium, 185.3 mg. of phosphorous, 9.5 mg. of iron, 0.36 mg. of thiamin, 1.09 mg. of riboflavin, and 3.10 mg. of niacin.

Compare this with ground beef, which, although it contains more protein (23.5 g.), also has 288.2 calories and a whopping 21.2 grams of fat!"

Some more updates.

Those that are planning on spending the night. Bring a swim suite. We are picking up a hot tube tomorrow and are hoping to have it all hooked up by the weekend.
    Blazing Troll

Hi all !! Weather looks like its going to cooperate with us !! Can't wait to see everyone, hot tub is up and running for anyone interested !!!

Ooooooo,
    Cacher Stew .... yummy!