vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SlimCache update

Default Slimcache thread

Quote Originally Posted by djgray1200 View Post
    Well I'm just over 4 months into my journey and am excited to report I'm 50 pounds lighter than my starting point! Thanks to everyone who offered encouraging words. The mission is far from over but I've laid great groundwork for further effort. Even thinking of a long term goal of thru hiking the AT in a couple years.
    Yes. We have talked about your program before and I think its great that you are having so much success. I have been trying to discipline myself to do a similar thing on the days that my son is at school. Weight and fitness are very important issues to me as I have type 2 diabetes.

Though my numbers are usually pretty decent, it does not take much to throw them off. I have even been thinking about keeping a journal.

I know its something I just gotta do, and as I do it more and more it will be easier to commit to it I would think.

Also, my wife and I want to get into snowshoeing this winter as well.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

I always thought that snowshoeing my way to caches and continueing my addiction into winter was a good idea. I must admit, however that I was completely unable to find 99% of the caches that were buried in snow. One I missed by 2 feet and went back for in April. The rest I'm too embarassed to talk about. I think I will stick with skiing at the loaf once or twice a month. I am debating the ups and downs of guardrail caching in winter though. I really miss it in the colder months. djgray, I find your ability to set your goal and stick to it amazing. I've tried the gym and diets in the past, and find that I lack the willpower. Although the most I want to do is lose 15 lbs and get back into some type of shape. 50 lbs is amazing. Keep up the good work for the rest of us!!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

[quote=fins2right;47252]. . .djgray, I find your ability to set your goal and stick to it amazing. I've tried the gym and diets in the past, and find that I lack the willpower. . . .quote]

$%#$ Dunkin' Donuts.

On a serious note, gereat job djgray!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Hey all. Thought I would pop in again. I've been a little absent lately as I didn't cache for most of the winter. I've gotten out and hit a few lately and am excited to get back out. Found this post of mine from a while ago. More great news is that I've now lost a total of 107 pounds since June 1st '08. I'm excited to get back out there with you all. Hope to see you soon.
    http://slimcache.blogspot.com
    SlimCache - My journey to become a healthier person through geocaching.

Holly Cow, that is a lot of weight to lose. Congrats.
    Blazing Troll

Way to go!!! Congrats!
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

That is a personal milestone of great proportions! Congrats! Get out there and cache on ~ cache happy! Way to go! And much of this over the winter down time - even more impressive.....

A hard fought battle and an impressive victory. Congrats on your accomplishment!
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Way to go!!!! that's hard work. Congratulations

Fantastic!
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.