vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad day with the law.....

Angry Bad day with the law.....

I usually don't make posts but this is an exception. We had a bad day with the law yesterday, some our fault some just luck. First cache was Laugh it up (GC1CVM4) in NB around 7:30. Here we found the cache without problem signed the log and even left a travel bug when out of no where comes a mountie lights on zooming around the corner. Figured busted but he looked at me and headed up the road. So I head back to the car but before I get back there are two or three more of them followed by unmarked cars as final a van. By this time they are parked everywhere and headed up the road. Not sure what was going on but decided that they were not interested in me so I definitely should not be interested in them. On the dirt road out there were a couple more police cars, forensic van and the ambulance. Nice location for a cache but a little more activity then we are comfortable with while exploring and having Maine plates on the car. Then when crossing the border discovered I picked up the old passport not the new one, bad idea to try to cross the border with an expired passport. Let me tell you that took a bit of time. Then Sherman's Cache (GC1CK9M) parked the car and headed into the woods when I heard a truck pull up so figure I would see who it was. You guessed it a green and white truck, border patrol, asked a bunch of questions and finally figured out I was harmless as drove off. Nice trail along the river. Took about an hour. Then at Necia's Cache (GC1CK90) figured it would be down and dirty until a US Customs and Border Protection car pulled up beside my car. The guy gets out and has a few questions for me about what I was doing. Wanted to know if a was fixing the ski sign. I told him I was geocaching and one of his buddies had just checked me. He said he wanted to know what I was doing if an one had questions in the future, bid me a good day and drove off. Last one of the day was called Maine's Swedish Colony (GC1CKR8) which is at a busy intersection a State Police car pulled up. I figured it was just not our day. But down came the window and he asked if I found it. Said yes and off he went. Our bad day with the last. Lots of time caching at night we have run into the police and hunting for caches along the border you run into the BP all the time but never all at once.
    We hate mindless caches placed in the woods without a reason, nothing but the cache in a plastic bag on a tree.

Default that reminds me....

Loring Air Force base in September 06. Oh say about ......." after dark sometime ". 3 white SUV's all lined up and 12 people, with flashlights running around the woods. Must have looked like border jumpers.

Thanks go to J.Cyr for getting us out of it. My first and hopefully last, police intervention. We had a great time that night.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Hey, any day you don't get arrested is a good day with the law.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    Loring Air Force base in September 06. Oh say about ......." after dark sometime ". 3 white SUV's all lined up and 12 people, with flashlights running around the woods. Must have looked like border jumpers.

Thanks go to J.Cyr for getting us out of it. My first and hopefully last, police intervention. We had a great time that night.
    Good times we had that night! I remember when we were driving back up that trail and 3 logs had mysteriously fallen in front of my jeep that i had to drive over...

Has anyone heard from Jordan lately, I know he's been pretty busy...

And I agree with Kacky, any day you don't get arrested is a good day!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Another "police" event: I went to find a cache along I-95 in a former truck weighing spot above Orono. When I arrived I saw several locals (age-16-18) kicking around this cylinder covered with duct tape. Figuring they had stumbled upon the cache (they had) I approached them, examined it, and had them show me exactly where they had found it....I signed the log and went to find the next cache. A couple of days later logs showed that it was missing so I went back to see if I could find what the muggle-thugs had done with it. I found it in the woods where they had tossed it, placed it back where it belonged, and drove off. Well, it seems there was an 18-wheeler driver who saw me place it and called the state police. So.....next I get this email from Hollora (her husband is retired-SP) telling me that the State Police had arrived a short time after I left with a swat team, spied the silver-colored cylinder, and blew it up!!!! Well now....I could only imagine the FBI, SP, and Homeland Security surrounding my car as I left work that day.....!!! But, happy to say, I'm still out, a free man.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post

I tried to get him to show up at the Pirate Event, but he was too busy....last I knew he was working the midnight shift.

Last year Hook Dawn Cache was at Polaris Drive-In (GCY947) and I drove in with my cruiser and asked what she was doing, know very well what she was up to. I played it for a bit and she got pretty nervous, so I let her know who I was and gave her a clue on finding it.

When working, I'm always looking at the cache sites for people hunting them. Figure I can always introduce myself...and possibly give then a little scare when they see the car pull up

Thank you for the introduction. Hope to meet you next time we are in the county. I have the silver 4 runner with the Retired State Police sticker on the windshield. But, the pink geocaching sticker on the back is a dead giveaway! LOL

Default and don't forget.....

Good times we had that night! I remember when we were driving back up that trail and 3 logs had mysteriously fallen in front of my jeep that i had to drive over...
    the bee's nest. and the "micro" in the woods and the boardwalk through the trees.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I chat with Jordan every once and a while. We stay in touch. Like Hollora said he is working the midnight shift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    the bee's nest. and the "micro" in the woods and the boardwalk through the trees.
    Yes that was one of the best overnight caching events I have attended in a long time. One I will never forget.
    Blazing Troll