I usually don't make posts but this is an exception. We had a bad day with the law yesterday, some our fault some just luck. First cache was Laugh it up (GC1CVM4) in NB around 7:30. Here we found the cache without problem signed the log and even left a travel bug when out of no where comes a mountie lights on zooming around the corner. Figured busted but he looked at me and headed up the road. So I head back to the car but before I get back there are two or three more of them followed by unmarked cars as final a van. By this time they are parked everywhere and headed up the road. Not sure what was going on but decided that they were not interested in me so I definitely should not be interested in them. On the dirt road out there were a couple more police cars, forensic van and the ambulance. Nice location for a cache but a little more activity then we are comfortable with while exploring and having Maine plates on the car. Then when crossing the border discovered I picked up the old passport not the new one, bad idea to try to cross the border with an expired passport. Let me tell you that took a bit of time. Then Sherman's Cache (GC1CK9M) parked the car and headed into the woods when I heard a truck pull up so figure I would see who it was. You guessed it a green and white truck, border patrol, asked a bunch of questions and finally figured out I was harmless as drove off. Nice trail along the river. Took about an hour. Then at Necia's Cache (GC1CK90) figured it would be down and dirty until a US Customs and Border Protection car pulled up beside my car. The guy gets out and has a few questions for me about what I was doing. Wanted to know if a was fixing the ski sign. I told him I was geocaching and one of his buddies had just checked me. He said he wanted to know what I was doing if an one had questions in the future, bid me a good day and drove off. Last one of the day was called Maine's Swedish Colony (GC1CKR8) which is at a busy intersection a State Police car pulled up. I figured it was just not our day. But down came the window and he asked if I found it. Said yes and off he went. Our bad day with the last. Lots of time caching at night we have run into the police and hunting for caches along the border you run into the BP all the time but never all at once.