vb:literal>

Thread: Thanks From the Relay!

Hybrid View

Default Thanks From the Relay!

Hello fellow geocachers. The Relay For Life held in Ellsworth on Friday and Saturday, June 13/14, is now over. Although admittedly biased, I believe it was a tremendous success! With over 300 participants, including 45 cancer survivors walking the "survivor's lap", the weather was great and we raised over $70,000 for cancer research and the American Cancer Society's programs for cancer patients. This was the first year we had a team made up of geocachers and Lois-Ann (Hollora), Cameo and Tim (Cache Maine), Vic (Vicbiker) and Karen (Caching Karen), and I stayed for the entire event. Other fellow geocachers sent in donations to help the team and we raised over $1,600 for the ACS. Hollora hosted a Meet and Greet event shortly afterward at the nearby school and those that attended donated an additional $16 to the cause.

I just want to personally thank all those who got involved with this important cause and hope that more and more cachers join us at future Relays. Geocachers tend to be caring individuals, not afraid of a little exercise, like to get together for events, and are all-around "doers." Great people, great friends...got together on a great weekend...for a great cause. Thank you all.

And lest us not forget - that Vic's fiance Cheryl was there too! A great sport and when I saw Vic bringing her bed up over the stairs I knew she was a winner!

Mainiac1957 and Quiltting Mom and Mike came down for a while to walk with us on Friday night. So many of our individual or family lives have been touched by Cancer.

We enjoyed great commarade' and I believe Karen has said it - Let's Do It Again! Bigger and Better! We enjoyed a great breakfast on Saturday morning and the Meet N Greet - lots of new folks.

Thanks to EMSDanel for motivating us to become a closer family by participating in this event. I think we could really give some of the other teams a run in 2009!

Luminary Ceremony was our goal, and we're bummed to have missed it. The kids said we'll have to be there for the whole event next year. It was great sitting around talking geocaching, while watching folks walk the track. The Meet N Greet was a great addition to the trip. Thank you folks for offering such wonderful opportunities of fellowship.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Great Pictures Vic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right on - Vic's pics were great. Will make my attempt at a few more pics.

Base Camp
    Banner courtesy of KachingKaren
    Talking Stratedy
    Mainiac1957, Quilting Mom & Mike
    KackingKaren, Quilting Mom & EMSDanel
    Listening to Opening Ceremony
    EMSDanel at the mike
    Survivor Friends Listening Intently
    Survivor Lap
    Large Relay Photo
    Lumineria
    Early Morning - Red, White & Blue