vb:literal>

Thread: Northeast Mega Event?

Default Northeast Mega Event?

The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Tat. Am I missing something here? That link only brings me to a web site. I see nothing about an event.
    Blazing Troll

Bass Chaz, who heads the Granite State Geocachers site received an email concerning this event. According to the email, a few cachers are trying to get organized to form the event. Bass Chaz's post as well as the email can be found here.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Arrow it's in the fine print

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Tat. Am I missing something here? That link only brings me to a web site. I see nothing about an event.
    You gotta click on the forum discussions: "We created this site as a sounding board, to pass around ideas and talk about different possibilities for a mega event in the Metro NY area."

...interesting
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Metro NY area? Since when is NY a part of New England anyway......? I always thought NE was Maine, NH,Vermont,Mass,Conn,and RI....
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Metro NY area? Since when is NY a part of New England anyway......? I always thought NE was Maine, NH,Vermont,Mass,Conn,and RI....
    Northeast, New England, same initials!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Sheesh, Haffy! We try and forget about Massachusetts up here!

But I'd go to a mega event in New York. BRING IT ON!

I did forget it originally and then added it afterwards ....lol. And besides, a "MEGA" event only needs 500 attendees and who needs the M*******s or the NYer's to have an event. We had over 100 at a few events just in Maine. Add a few more from NH and Vermont and there yah go.....
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Bass Chaz, who heads the Granite State Geocachers site received an email concerning this event. According to the email, a few cachers are trying to get organized to form the event. Bass Chaz's post as well as the email can be found here.
    That link takes me to a log on page. Do I have to be registered to read things on that web site? If so not cool (in my opinion).
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    That link takes me to a log on page. Do I have to be registered to read things on that web site? If so not cool (in my opinion).
    Hmm, sorry about that. I logged out and tried it and could not get in either. You don't need a login to access their forums, but I guess you do to access certain threads, like that one. Odd, since the category is events.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."