vb:literal>

Thread: Good Hikes SOuthern Me?

Default Good Hikes SOuthern Me?

The kids are gone all day tomorrow so it looks like it's going to be a marathon cache day for me! I've been looking forward to a day like this, where I could just go out all day long with no restrictions. I'm looking for somewhat of a physical challenge. Whether it's terrain or maybe lining up several caches to cumulatively make up five or six miles of caching on foot. If anyone has any ideas on how to put together a decent hike tomorrow I would appreciate the help.
    http://slimcache.blogspot.com
    SlimCache - My journey to become a healthier person through geocaching.

For a nice climb and view try

Hacker's Hill/Quaker Ridge GCGQ9Z

but park at the bottom and walk up the road.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Hackers Hill is like walking up a steep set of stairs with no stairs. I haven't walked up a hill backwards for years until I did this one.

If you do this one, you can do some at Sebago lake state park which are walkers.

I am surprised Darterkitfox did not mention two of his caches. One I have done and if the second is like the one I did it will be worth the time.

Check out GC154H2 and GC1BM11. I did the first one and it was totally worth the effort with the view at the end.

Happy Hiking!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

The second one IS equal to or better than the first one for hiking and a hide but wait till you come for the first to find on my next one. I am actually going to have you rate it so I can put it in the listing on your recommendation. As soon as I can get several similar coordinates from the GPS, I will submit it for approval. I only consider the bottom 40 miles of Maine, Southern Maine, so that's why I didn't speak up.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    The second one IS equal to or better than the first one for hiking and a hide but wait till you come for the first to find on my next one. I am actually going to have you rate it so I can put it in the listing on your recommendation. As soon as I can get several similar coordinates from the GPS, I will submit it for approval. I only consider the bottom 40 miles of Maine, Southern Maine, so that's why I didn't speak up.

The bottom 40 miles of maine... LOL I consider anything south of Waterville southern maine. Sorry Hiram

Default Thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
    For a nice climb and view try

Hacker's Hill/Quaker Ridge GCGQ9Z

but park at the bottom and walk up the road.
    I love this cache as it is very close to where I grew up. Best time to do it, is just before sunset......on days when the access gate is CLOSED! A beautiful view of the lakes region and the White mountains, including Mount Washington.

And you might like these too: http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/...3-acd872370add
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    The bottom 40 miles of maine... LOL I consider anything south of Waterville southern maine. Sorry Hiram
    I think Hiram lives in the northern part of Waterville though.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Actually he is in the SOUTH END!!!! LOL
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I may be a bit late on this thread, but Mt. Agamenticus has about 40 miles of trails, with everything from old ski trails (UP, UP, UP!!) to long flat loops.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.