vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Geocache and...play!

Cool Geocache and...play!

When you're out geocaching, what else do you like to do?

There was a thread question about areas to rock hound while caching...
    Here's a post from Hollora:
    ...on the same road into the area of mainiac1957's Kan Koozie cache is a fishing pond. It is a pond for KIDS ONLY fishing (15 years and under - with parents supervision of course). This pond is stocked with trout. It is on Conservation Club property ~ open to the public to bring kids to fish.

I know there are ATVers, kayakers, and other hobbiests who enjoy duel adventuring. So tell us what do you like to fit in while caching?

My favorite is camping! Hiram and I camp winter and summer. It allows us to really explore the nature around us, get some geocaches in the area, do some canoeing, swimming, hiking, or 4x4ing.

PS, your responses may be featured in the July Newsletter!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Default Yep I agree

Yes Stef, but you forgot two other times to camp. Fall and spring. I too like camping with all the cachers and place that highest on my list. Getting to put my kayak in the water to go for a paddle and go for a hike as well. On my trip out west we also combined sightseeing into the mix, and used caching to find some places not on the tours.
    Happy Trails!

Unhappy deliberately omitted

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Yes Stef, but you forgot two other times to camp. Fall and spring. I too like camping with all the cachers and place that highest on my list. Getting to put my kayak in the water to go for a paddle and go for a hike as well. On my trip out west we also combined sightseeing into the mix, and used caching to find some places not on the tours.
    Nope, definately meant to leave out spring and fall...those equal mud season and we're not mud season campers yet. We haven't the space or equipment to clean muddy gear...
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Talking OK I agree on spring

But fall!! We love fall... We camped at 8 holer last fall. Don't you remember? Karen remembers That's where she ran into Smilin' Bob.
    Happy Trails!

Smile hobbies of any season

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    But fall!! We love fall... We camped at 8 holer last fall. Don't you remember? Karen remembers That's where she ran into Smilin' Bob.
    Yes, that was fall, but not rainy fall. hahaha, how could any of us forget smilin' Bob?

So we've got rock seekers, kayakers, and campers. Other co-caching hobbies out there?

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Yes, that was fall, but not rainy fall. hahaha, how could any of us forget smilin' Bob?

So we've got rock seekers, kayakers, and campers. Other co-caching hobbies out there?

Menace66 rails to trails caches are fun on an ATV

My wife and I biked Lewiston today to gather another 6.

ATVing and caching . . . I love getting a two-fer.

Camping and caching . . . nothing better than hanging around a campfire with friends and good food after a day of caching.

Sightseeing and caching . . . probably my favorite . . . you get to see some great places in parks and other locales that a lot of visitors to the area miss.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I am the mother of a teenager and I using caching as a chance to get one on one time with my teenager. She will now only cache if I promise her something she wants...like a trip to the mall. I'll suffer through an hour of shopping to get two good ours in the woods talking.

Geocaching brings about great opportunities for photography, making friends and creating great memories. We've also found it a great way to learn about a new State/area. Often gives us good historical/educational opportunities as well.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!