vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cache Containers

Quote Originally Posted by EvilHomer View Post
    You assume that common sense is still alive and kicking. Unfortunately it only takes ONE to ruin it for everyone else. THAT is the reality of the world today.
    "assume" has gone more to "hope" and the alive and kicking has dwindled more to twitching....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

10-4 good buddy!

Where the hell is that thing?

Common Sense,
    I thought we are supposed to think like Geocachers??? LOL!!!!

Ok. DISCLAIMER*** The following is my opinion only****

There are a few caches out there that I have had to say: "GEE I don't think I would put one out there like that" and a hornets nest falls into that category. I recently did a cache that looked like an electrical box and thought, "jeez what if that was a live box that I just grabbed onto?" It made me think about what if someone saw a real electrical box and got into it and got hurt....or worse. On EBAY I see some sort of cache that is a flat magnet that resembles a "DANGER ELECTROCUTION" sticker that you see on outside building transformers. What if someone grabbed onto something that wasn't a cache and got hurt? Sticking your arms into old logs or holes is a good way to get bitten/stung by something MCNASTY! I tend to stay away from these type of caches when I put one out. I have to wonder where Liability laws would stand if a cacher got hurt, or killed trying for something they thought was a cache and it wasn''t. We live in litigious times and nothing is out of the realm of possibilities where lawyers are concerned. I am not telling people how to place a cache, or not to be creative, but it makes me a bit nervous seeing people putting out fake hornets nests as caches.
    I disabled a cache that I had placed, because someone used a screwdriver to try to remove a nearby electrical box.

And I agree, don't stick your hands into anything! Boot, stick or gloves first. I was looking for a spot to place a cache and reached over to the back side of a tall boulder, and came out with a nasty bite on my hand from something that looked like a cross between a spider and a horsefly. Watch where you walk, too. It's very easy to stir up a nest of stinging creatures. Don't step on rotten logs.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

I was looking for a spot to place a cache and reached over to the back side of a tall boulder, and came out with a nasty bite on my hand from something that looked like a cross between a spider and a horsefly
    I bet it was a chipper! My father in law worked in the woods for years and said NOTHING hurts worse than a chipper bite. He said he would rather of been bit by a Dog than one of them!

Where the hell is that thing?

I bet it was a chipper! My father in law worked in the woods for years and said NOTHING hurts worse than a chipper bite. He said he would rather of been bit by a Dog than one of them!
    You don't suppose you mean chigger bites. I Googled chipper and got nothing but down here in the south we have those darned chiggers and they can put a good bite on yah.

http://www.surviveoutdoors.com/emerg...gger_bites.asp
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I have been down south and had chiggers. It is something you will not forget when you get them. There not usually just one or two bits either. I am sure glad we do not have them up north.
    Blazing Troll

I think a chipper is a nickname for a pine borer. Pound for pound the most ferocious critter in the Maine woods. My brother had one sitting on his shoulder one day back when we cut wood for a living. I told him "you've got a pine borer on your shoulder". "They won't bite" was what he said, just before the thing chomped into his shoulder. It literally dropped him to his knees and the blood ran down is arm.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    I think a chipper is a nickname for a pine borer. Pound for pound the most ferocious critter in the Maine woods. My brother had one sitting on his shoulder one day back when we cut wood for a living. I told him "you've got a pine borer on your shoulder". "They won't bite" was what he said, just before the thing chomped into his shoulder. It literally dropped him to his knees and the blood ran down is arm.

Haha! ya gotta love those kinda stories, "ooooh, dont worry, it wont... AHHHHHHH!!!!"
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Chiggers might not be up here now, but as with the ticks and all the other warmer weather animals, with global warming, it won't be long. I hope I realize when the first alligator moves into my pond before GeoKeiko ends up missing one day.