vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are there any H.P.Lovecraft fans out there?

Yea, instead of a multi I could make it a 3-4 or 5 "series" cache and make people collect info from each cache to form the cords to the final cache site, and consider that leg two of the final cache: ie 1 reg cache, 2 reg cache, 3 reg cache, 4 a 2 part multi, or mystery cache with part 2 being the final cache at the final location. Does anyone know of any others like this?

Where the hell is that thing?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilHomer View Post
    Yea, instead of a multi I could make it a 3-4 or 5 "series" cache and make people collect info from each cache to form the cords to the final cache site, and consider that leg two of the final cache: ie 1 reg cache, 2 reg cache, 3 reg cache, 4 a 2 part multi, or mystery cache with part 2 being the final cache at the final location. Does anyone know of any others like this?
    Maniac1957 has a Route 2 Tour . . . set up along the same lines. There are a series of individual caches along a route . . . at each cache you are given a number for the coords for the final cache. Like Hollora I like these much better . . . namely because I can do a few at a time if I so choose and then go back and do the rest at a later time . . . something you can do with a traditional multi as well . . . but with a series like this I just enjoy it more since I feel as though I'm "getting" an extra. These types of multis can be enjoyable . . . and I should go on record as saying that I also like "short range" multis such as MsTeeLee's Critter Cache multi in Bangor.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Maniac1957 has a Route 2 Tour . . . set up along the same lines. There are a series of individual caches along a route . . . at each cache you are given a number for the coords for the final cache. Like Hollora I like these much better . . . namely because I can do a few at a time if I so choose and then go back and do the rest at a later time . . . something you can do with a traditional multi as well . . . but with a series like this I just enjoy it more since I feel as though I'm "getting" an extra. These types of multis can be enjoyable . . . and I should go on record as saying that I also like "short range" multis such as MsTeeLee's Critter Cache multi in Bangor.
    Am planning on doing MsTeeLee's a bit later when the bugs aren't as mighty.......but it sounds like fun and I am looking forward to it.

It's a critter cache, there are supposed to be bugs there

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    It's a critter cache, there are supposed to be bugs there
    Yeah but not ones to bite me!

I agree that a series type cache is much more fun to do, especially if it's that far away. I assume you are talking about the Golden Road area. A series cache in this location would help to make a loop from Greenville to Millinocket, which is needed in my opinion. I would be willing to put out a few more in the area, just to sweeten the pot. With the ones already in Lily Bay, Kokadjo, Ripojenus and Abol areas this could be a must do run. Let me know if I can help.

Yes it would be in that area. I am just trying to figure out how to put out caches with codes to the final cache with out knowing for sure the cords to the last cache. Yea wrap your mind around that. I would have to make two trips and I dont know if I would be able to do it, and if I didnt do that then I think some of the fun might be taken away from what I have in mind. I have to think about it for a while. So far I have at least four regular caches, then one final secret cache that you find after doing the other four. Number four would essentially be a two part multi. The Lovecraft short story has 5 parts to it. Each cache along the way would be centered around that part of the story. Cachers would have to read part of the story included in the cache to glean clues to decode the final cords to cache #5. The other thing I need to think about is how spread out should it be? Do I start it here in the Bangor area and work it up that way, or do I put them relatively together in a 5-10 mile radius of the final cache? The wheels are turning, and the smoke is churning!

Quote Originally Posted by EvilHomer View Post
    Yes it would be in that area. I am just trying to figure out how to put out caches with codes to the final cache with out knowing for sure the cords to the last cache.
    Can you work backwards from the final? You would know the coords, then incorporate hints to that cache at the other stages as you place them until you get to the "first" cache.

Can you work backwards from the final?
    I found this out when doing my Seinfield series. You have to know the finish before the start.A woman brought a book up to the counter, back when I sold antiques. Can you help me she said? This book has three dates of when it was printed. 1912, 1952, and 1964. Can you tell me which year this one was printed? 1964 was my answer. How can you tell? Well I don't think in 1912 they had any idea they would be reprinting the book in 1952 or 1964.

Can you work backwards from the final? You would know the coords, then incorporate hints to that cache at the other stages as you place them until you get to the "first" cache.
    I thought about that but the problem is I wanted to have nice laminated sheets in each cache with the story and the hints on them. I didnt want to have to do it by hand as I worked backwards.