vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kayaking This Saturday

Default Kayaking This Saturday

Any one up for a little Kayaking this Saturday if the weather holds clear. I was thinking about paddling the back bay by Falmouth Foreside as I have seen a trail down that way that I would like to explore and the only trail head that I can find is on the water. Cache hide idea I am also game for any other paddle in the Brunswick, Portland, Augusta or Lewiston Areas. Let me know if anyone is interested in a little Kayak Caching.

Rob keep me posted on this. I am trying to go hiking this weekend but that is not definate yet. Tink is working and if I do not go hiking I will be free.

Can you provide me with more information on this. Like where exactly you are referring to when you say Falmouth Foreside and where you want to put in at, etc. I have a 13 foot kayak and do not want to carry it to far to get to the water.
    Blazing Troll

The place that I am looking at is n43 42.662 w 070 14.872, I was looking at the map and I see 3 possible place to launch. 1 Macworth island, 2 the launch off of allen ave or 3 the boat ramp by GCW663. I can alos swing up route one to see if there were any other place to put a kayak in that is closer that is not on the map.

I am not set on this idea butwas only thinking that it would be fun as I think I saw a portland trails sign over on the northern bank of that bay that I was wondering where it goes and thought about putting a cache over there.

If you have any other ideas on where to go I am game as well, mostly I just want to get out and kayak as long as the weather holds off.

Let me know what you think or anyone else interested in going out on saturday lets see what we can do.

I did not realize it was way down in the Portland area. Hmm, will have to give this more thought. I thought you were referring to the Freeport area.

I still don't have a clue to what I am doing this weekend yet. Still want to go hiking but will know more tomorrow night.

Rob, are you still in Brunswick. Maybe the Water street trip on Saturday? Like I said in the other thread I still want to do that. I have always wanted to paddle around the Cornish Island and check out where the big Meerymeeting park you to be in Brunswick before our time. I don't know if you know anything about it. There is nothing left of it now it burned to the ground in the early nineteen hundreds.

Don't change your plans around me though because I am not sure what I am doing yet but please keep me posted as to what you decide in case I do not go hiking.
    Blazing Troll

Rick, I have no real plans yet I just figured I would get the ball rolling by sugesting a place. The Water St to Bay Bridge run in Brunswick is a great idea as well and I am game for that if you are.

The only issue I am watching is the weather as I am seeing reports of am sun to thunderstorms.

Ok, I will know later on tonight what I am doing for sure but I don't know how late it will be when I find out. I will post as soon as I find something out. It looks like the hiking thing is out but it is not 100% yet. I would rather do the Brunswick paddle if I don't go hiking. Do you know what the tides will be like tomorrow?

I will send you a PM with my phone number and verify yours.
    Blazing Troll

We are going to be meeting at Bay Bridge Landing (GC1DDH6) at around 11 am tommorrow to drop off a car to shuttle then heading up to the boat launch off Water St in Brunswick. The more the merrier so come on.

Any one interested meet us or let us know.

Rob

If anyone is interested in coming along and does not have a kayak let me know. I have an extra one I can bring. I need to know before I leave the house to meet up with RobT though.
    Blazing Troll

I only have one kid tomorrow morning. If I can manage the canoe alone then I'd like to meet you. It will unfortunately be a slower paddle for me since Fudd id the experienced one. Don't wait for long, I'll post if I can make it in the morning. It all depends if I can lift the darn canoe.
    Slowly but surely

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls View Post
    I only have one kid tomorrow morning. If I can manage the canoe alone then I'd like to meet you. It will unfortunately be a slower paddle for me since Fudd id the experienced one. Don't wait for long, I'll post if I can make it in the morning. It all depends if I can lift the darn canoe.
    This paddle happened today. Your a day late. I hope your not going there to wait for us tomorrow because we will not be there.

On that note. RobT and I had a great time today. We placed another cache along this route on one of the islands. I will let RobT log it and own it. So keep your eyes open for a new cache if you like to paddle. I definately want to do this paddle again.
    Blazing Troll