• Woodburry Pond (GCYAX4)

3 75.00%
  • Other; Please post idea

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: July 13th Kayaking event

Default July 13th Kayaking event

Well, I decided to start a poll and see what everyone thinks they would like to do causeall 3 ideas have definate merit.

FYI, just in case this becomes an separate event like last year:

"Event caches should be submitted no less than two weeks prior to the date of the event, so that potential attendees will have sufficient notice to make their plans."
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

my intention is to post this and sounds likeI need to post it this weekend to get it in.

Default Woodbury Pond

Here is an option I brought up in another thread.

This option would be a lot better for those that are spending the night at the Slipping Into Summer event.

I have included an attachment to help visualize what I am talking about.

The Woodbury boat launch is just under 5 miles from the house and the Slipping Into Summer event. I think it is 4.5 miles.

We could put in at the boat launch and just paddle the pond or we could put in at the boat launch and paddle down to Buker Pond. I have written on the attachment "Option A" showing where we would end up. If we do that we could strategically place a car at "Option A" before we head to the boat launch and paddle there and head back to pick up the other vehicles when we reach Option A. This is about a four mile paddle.

Either way if we just paddle around Woodbury Pond or do Option A we could come back to the house when were done and cook up some burgers and dogs and what ever left overs we have from the Slipping Into Summer Event.

As I said this would be better for those spending the night at the event from the day before. Anyone spending the night could leave all their stuff set up here at the house and get it packed up after the paddle event. I
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Woodbury.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	534.2 KB 
ID:	311  
    Blazing Troll

Thumbs up My vote is in.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Here is an option I brought up in another thread.

This option would be a lot better for those that are spending the night at the Slipping Into Summer event.

I have included an attachment to help visualize what I am talking about.

The Woodbury boat launch is just under 5 miles from the house and the Slipping Into Summer event. I think it is 4.5 miles.

We could put in at the boat launch and just paddle the pond or we could put in at the boat launch and paddle down to Buker Pond. I have written on the attachment "Option A" showing where we would end up. If we do that we could strategically place a car at "Option A" before we head to the boat launch and paddle there and head back to pick up the other vehicles when we reach Option A. This is about a four mile paddle.

Either way if we just paddle around Woodbury Pond or do Option A we could come back to the house when were done and cook up some burgers and dogs and what ever left overs we have from the Slipping Into Summer Event.

As I said this would be better for those spending the night at the event from the day before. Anyone spending the night could leave all their stuff set up here at the house and get it packed up after the paddle event. I
    Sounds like a plan Rick.
    Happy Trails!

I agree with Mainiac- and a very good plan too.

Talking I call shot gun!

Hiram and I don't have boats, but we've borrowed conoes in the past. We may be up for another paddle if it's close by...but we'd again need to borrow boat(s)...

I'm not voting because we may not go, but if we did, we'd probably want to stay close by the event.
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

I have entered the cache as GC1DJCX and will send it to be approved tommorrow night unless there are any objections.

Kayaking after the slipping into summer event

We will be meeting up at the Slipping into Summer Event and then
    heading down to the Woodburry Landing Around 9 am or 10 am.
    We have 2 options from there. I paddle around Woodburry pond or
    we may paddle down to Buker Pond

After the paddling we are planning on heading back up to Rick's
    for a cookout. Please bring burgers or dogs to share and a side
    dish if you can as well as any left overs from the event.

Thanks to Rick and Tink for offering to let us come
    back
    I will post more on this as we figure out more.

Sounds good to me Rob. I still would like to do the other paddle in Brunswick someday. We'll have to stay in touch on that one.

Medawisla I talk to Aaron Wednesday evening and told him are canoe is available for you to use again if you want to? He may not have told you I said this. That is why I am saying it here.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Sounds good to me Rob. I still would like to do the other paddle in Brunswick someday. We'll have to stay in touch on that one.

Yes, I am definatly going to do that one one Saturday or Sunday this summer. so let me know when is good for you and we can do that.