vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garmin Mapsource and Windows Vista...

Default Garmin Mapsource and Windows Vista...

So I have vista on my laptop and my desktop... I just tried installing Mapsource on both of them, and it won't run on either because of a "registry issue" it tells me to reinstall the software and try again... so I do, and I get the same problem... Has anyone else had this problem????
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

My problem wasn't with map source, but I think it was with cachemate not being compatible with Vista. I solve the problem and it was an easy fix, but don't remember how. I think maybe Haffy told how to do it. Sorry I'm not much help.

Default I have an answer...

vista SUCKS
    Happy Trails!

I have Vista on my laptop and I have never had a problem with it. I kind of like it. I guess if you have maybe an older version or have not done the updates then maybe it does suck.

What sucks about it? I like a lot of the new features since XP so far.
    Blazing Troll

Thumbs up Whatever works I guess.

Hey if it's working for you then that is great. I know quite a few who have had horrible luck with it. Maybe the version has a lot to do with it. I have XP Home on the laptop and XP Pro on the desktop and haven't had much for problems. Besides haven't you seen all those mac commercials. Poor PC gets dumped on by mac all the time.
    Happy Trails!

the only major problems ive had with vista is when I installed overtop of XP, when i wiped the drives and did a full install of vista everything worked great, this is the only software conflict I've had since.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I Run Vista And Have Had No Problems With Map Source. I Did Have A Problem With My Palm But A Simple Upgrade Took Care Of That. I Like Vista But Every Now And Then I Miss My Old Xp Pro It Might Be Because I Was Just Use To It.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Hey if it's working for you then that is great. I know quite a few who have had horrible luck with it. Maybe the version has a lot to do with it. I have XP Home on the laptop and XP Pro on the desktop and haven't had much for problems. Besides haven't you seen all those mac commercials. Poor PC gets dumped on by mac all the time.
    Of course the Mac commercials are going to dump on the PC. Who else are they going to try and get on. I know Andy will chime in here seeing he is a hard core Mac user. There is nothing a Mac can do that a PC can not do either.

If someone with a Mac says something like "we do not have all the viruses that a PC has" then you can say that is because not many own a Mac's. That is why there are not as many viruses on Mac's. Who is going to waist there time on a Mac. If Macs were as well used a PC's are then there would be just as many viruses out there on them. The fact is that the Mac almost disappeared from existence years back. They are just now trying to make a comeback. I said trying.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    My problem wasn't with map source, but I think it was with cachemate not being compatible with Vista. I solve the problem and it was an easy fix, but don't remember how. I think maybe Haffy told how to do it. Sorry I'm not much help.
    Sorry it wasn't me> I have XP on my machine.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Our laptops came with Vista and we haven't had a problem with either one. Probably the problem lies with upgrading from XP to Vista.