vb:literal>

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Real Dread Thread

Quote Originally Posted by becket
    the only thing i have with me is my walking stick, when i remember to take it. i rely on my "6th sense" - if i get a bad feeling about a place, i leave. (after driving the 9 million miles through the mud to get to m57's "don't pushaw your luck" cache, i got out of my car, took 2 steps and got back in and left.) i do think about safety however. my friends keep telling me to get some pepper spray (which i would end up spraying in MY face.) my friend shay-shay was after me to take anything i had that sprayed - preferably hair spray. i told her the only spray stuff i had was butter flavored pam. geez!
    It may only be a walking stick, but I've seen Becket wield it like a veteran Black Belt with a pike staff . . . she's lethal I tell ya. She may seem reserved and mild-mannered, but when she starts doing those aerial somersaults and blackflips and spinning that walking stick around everyone near her runs in fear.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I know Karate,,and 4 other japanese words!!

Actually,,If a bear is on top of me, I think a .45 up the nose would work better than a shot of pepper, besides if they sneeze in your face its really messy.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    It may only be a walking stick, but I've seen Becket wield it like a veteran Black Belt with a pike staff . . . she's lethal I tell ya. She may seem reserved and mild-mannered, but when she starts doing those aerial somersaults and blackflips and spinning that walking stick around everyone near her runs in fear.
    ohmygod, ffjake! and i wasn't even done laughing about the names of your cats!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

I love dogs, and all the friendly ones love me back. Just that some of em ain't so friendly.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Gail
    Actually,,If a bear is on top of me, I think a .45 up the nose would work better than a shot of pepper, besides if they sneeze in your face its really messy.
    Uh, Dave . . . what you do with a bear in the privacy of the Northern Maine woods is your own concern.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by becket
    ohmygod, ffjake! and i wasn't even done laughing about the names of your cats!
    Laughing about my cats' names? What's so funny about them? If anything is funny, as in odd, it's that their personality suits most of them. Theodore Roosevelt is always on the run and loves the outdoors. John Tyler is the oldest and the most complacent of the group. Calvin Coolidge on the other hand is anything but "Silent Cal" . . . we should have named him Taft due to his weight issues. My wife and I also have two other cats, but for some reason we didn't name them after the First Ladys . . . there's Thumper, a Manx with spina bifida that causes her to hop around (that and the stump of a tail makes her look like a "cabbit") and Lucky (so named since she's nearly all black and has nearly died twice now -- once when someone threw her out into the cold a couple of Januarys ago during a particularly cold stretch of weather and once when my wife found her caught up in the blind cord.)

d’76 Guest

So after a saint bernard attacks you and now you are mutated for life and cant stand the touch of your boyfriends hand on your leg, all because some one else didnt think that the leash law was important. And also now even the softest and cutest dog is still a dog and seeing them unleashed brings back flash backs much like the ones that vietnam vets experiance.

So when you feel that it is ok to let your dog run free in the woods think again, some day some one will have an adverse reaction to it. Maine does have a leash law and some people think it is ok to not leash there animals. When the damage is done and it is to late, dog owners will say GESSH I am so sorry that has never happened before. HAS anyone ever had some one killed to a drunk driver? It is much like the same. GESSSHH, I only had a few beers and that has never happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    So after a saint bernard attacks you and now you are mutated for life and cant stand the touch of your boyfriends hand on your leg, all because some one else didnt think that the leash law was important.
    sooooooo.... uhhh.. dave... are you saying that you can't stand the touch of your boyfriends hand on you leg????
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

that is how i read it hiram
    ~ Beach Comber ~