vb:literal>

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The Real Dread Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    that is how i read it hiram
    yeah, I think J said it best when he said...

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Uh, Dave . . . what you do with a bear in the privacy of the Northern Maine woods is your own concern.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    sooooooo.... uhhh.. dave... are you saying that you can't stand the touch of your boyfriends hand on you leg????
    So ..... some times there is a time to screw around and there is a time to be serious.

This happens to be one of those serious times. Some of you know her as Girlmate, others of you know her as Constance. This is the girl that I have a very powerful relationship with who was attacked by one of the very dogs that everyone thought would never hurt a soul. So when, Constance wakes up in the middle of the night screaming remembering the day that the flesh was ripped off her leg and she watched the whole thing happen and it takes hours to get her back then we can all laugh and have a good time. Pinch yourself on the inside of your leg sometime and see if if hurts then let me know.

And so now you get to see the scars everyday and relive that every time you see it and OBTW and will never were shorts even on the hottest summer day in fear that someone wll stare.

My apologies! This means of talking is certainly challenging for situations such as this - one never knows if there is additional information behind the words or if the words are just playful bantering. In this case, it clearly had meaning and was not playful. Sorry that Connie has to experience that!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    My apologies! This means of talking is certainly challenging for situations such as this - one never knows if there is additional information behind the words or if the words are just playful bantering. In this case, it clearly had meaning and was not playful. Sorry that Connie has to experience that!
    I have to admit that I chuckled when I saw that, Hiram is quick. I really want to get my point across that dogs belong on a leash. Those arent my rules.

sorry dave, no idea...

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    So ..... some times there is a time to screw around and there is a time to be serious.

This happens to be one of those serious times. Some of you know her as Girlmate, others of you know her as Constance. This is the girl that I have a very powerful relationship with who was attacked by one of the very dogs that everyone thought would never hurt a soul. So when, Constance wakes up in the middle of the night screaming remembering the day that the flesh was ripped off her leg and she watched the whole thing happen and it takes hours to get her back then we can all laugh and have a good time. Pinch yourself on the inside of your leg sometime and see if if hurts then let me know.

And so now you get to see the scars everyday and relive that every time you see it and OBTW and will never were shorts even on the hottest summer day in fear that someone wll stare.
    I kind of figured that you were talking about Girlmate . . . but in Hiram's defense I was thinking the same thing as he was . . . I just figured that you were talking about a real-life example and held my thoughts to myself.

Incidentally, my wife was attacked as a kid by a German Shepherd. No scars though. Fairly fortunate. She just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time as she and her brother were playing and some neighborhood children were taunting a police officer's K9 dog which was on a leash. Apparently the taunts escalated to throwing rocks at the poor dog. Somehow the dog eventually got loose. The kids responsible scattered and the dog just happened to find my wife as the first kid. She says she was mauled pretty badly . . . I'm guessing that maybe one of the reasons she doesn't have any scars from that is due to her very young age. To this day she is terrified of dogs when they jump up on her (no matter the size) . . . that and fish for some reason . . . but I still haven't heard the reasoning behind this. Sadly the German shepherd had to be put down as it was no longer considered safe to have around after this incident.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

d’76 Guest

the latest in glock technology, keeps you safe

this will be my next purchase... The dog subdoer 2000 http://videos.caught-on-video.com/ca...DFE8A6E7B1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    the latest in glock technology, keeps you safe

this will be my next purchase... The dog subdoer 2000 http://videos.caught-on-video.com/ca...DFE8A6E7B1.htm

dave... how many times do i have to warn you about those glocks... look at how loose that trigger sits?? just a mild wind would probably set that off...

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    I kind of figured that you were talking about Girlmate . . . but in Hiram's defense I was thinking the same thing as he was . . . I just figured that you were talking about a real-life example and held my thoughts to myself.
    Yeah, and in my own defense i usually say the first thing that pops into my head without even thinking about it... and i've got the scars to prove it...