vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something to watch

I did not find Rick’s post offensive in any way. It brought tears to my eyes and it should be a constant reminder to all of us everyday how lucky we are compared to those who are over there defending our country. Regardless of anyone’s political views, those are our sons, daughters, mothers, fathers and family members over there. Whether you support the war or not, does not mean you can’t have a little compassion for our troops and what they endure every day.

Thank you Rick for sharing that with us.
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

Thanks for sharing Rik. It is a hard thing to watch but it is the truth. God Bless all the service men who fight for our rights and freedoms. We take so much for granted and forget to think about the ones that aren't so lucky.

Thanks, it is a great reminder.
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Prior to the Iraq war, there was one geocache in the country. It was archived by TPTB for safety reasons shortly after the war started and never saw a found log. You needed two visas and to pay for a special car to take you into Baghdad. And then you still needed to take a bus to get to the cache. Not to mention, GPSrs were illegal for most people there.

Our service men do what they do so that we can cache freely, so that we don't need to take a special car to get to that cache, and so that we don't have to hide an illegal GPS receiver under out coat while we hunt for that cache. They are working harder for the caches we find than we ever will.

On a side note, there are now 253 caches in Iraq and I am told GPSr use is allowed.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Thumbs up Thanks!

Rick for making the post and reminding us of what's really important. And thanks to all of those men and women who have put on a uniform and fought for you and me, and those things we all take for granted.

Freedom.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    GEORGE ORWELL

And those folks are sons, daughters, grandsons, granddaughters, husbands, uncles, aunts, wives........and the list goes on........I for one have had a step-grandson in Iraq, I know of another cacher who is very happy her son is home, and have a friend who is going over soon - not will the military but the Red Cross but still needs to leap the same hurdles.

Thanks to those who defend our freedom - and also those who support the defenders!

I believe it is possible to support the men and women in uniform and not support the war or the leaders . . . while I found this montage to have some political overtures overall I thought it was a very nice tribute to the men and women in uniform and a reminder that they're still over there and living in conditions that are very unlike the living conditions that many of us take for granted.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."