vb:literal>

Thread: Conservation Plate Holder Appreciation Days

Hybrid View

Default Conservation Plate Holder Appreciation Days

This would be a great chance to log a few caches located in state parks! We usually avoid them as we hate to pay an entrance fee just to log the cache. Of course, we have a chickadee plate anyway, so this wouldn't help us. LOL!

"The Department of Conservation, Bureau of Parks & Lands is pleased to announce this year’s Conservation Plate Holder Appreciation Days. On July 19 & 20, 2008, all occupants of vehicles displaying a Maine Conservation Plate will be admitted to Maine state park and historic site day use areas free of charge. Proudly display your “Loon Plate” and enjoy Maine’s great state parks.

We would greatly appreciate your assistance in posting and distributing the attached announcement to your employees, friends and constituent groups.

For more information please contact the Bureau of Parks & Lands at 287-2211 or www.parksandlands.com."

We're already so old we get in for free anyway.....
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    We're already so old we get in for free anyway.....
    Well, I have to admit that on a couple of occasions, the "gate guard" at a state park let us in for free when we told them we were doing a geocache. In one case, the cache was actually at the gate's shack! Someone had found it and turned it in. Luckily the gate person knew about Geocaching and kept it.

So.... How old do you have be to get in for free? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Well, I have to admit that on a couple of occasions, the "gate guard" at a state park let us in for free when we told them we were doing a geocache. In one case, the cache was actually at the gate's shack! Someone had found it and turned it in. Luckily the gate person knew about Geocaching and kept it.

So.... How old do you have be to get in for free? LOL!
    Straight from Maine.gov = FREE - Senior Citizens (65 years and over). The Bureau of Parks and Lands allows visitors 65 years of age and over free day-use admission with proof of age. Passes will no longer be issued.

I was told when I sent in for Ralph to get a pass - for him to just declare his age at the gate (and be prepared to show an ID). Bruce - you would pass - no problem!

What? Bruce could have gotten in for free for the past 15 years???
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    What? Bruce could have gotten in for free for the past 15 years???
    Sheesh! Just think of all the caches we've missed out on! LOL!