vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tread Lightly 2008: I'm Calling Shotgun . . . the Prequel

And firefighterjake - Is that a Garmin in your hand? And I noticed why you sometimes have problems - it's upside down!

Sounds like you guys had a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    And firefighterjake - Is that a Garmin in your hand? And I noticed why you sometimes have problems - it's upside down!

Yeah, on pretty much all of our 28 total finds for the weekend we were using my GARMIN while his magellan was in the cupholder....

But, I did install a Magellan GPS system in his Forerunner for him...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Talking mmmmmmm cake!!

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Unfortunately since this is a PG site I can't tell you everything . . . but I can tell you Allsbury Formation was a memorable Earthcache.
    Let's be real Jake. You and I much prefer the Pillsbury Formation to the Allsbury any day!
    Happy Trails!

Wink I thought you went caching!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Yeah, on pretty much all of our 28 total finds for the weekend we were using my GARMIN while his magellan was in the cupholder....

28 caches. Wow to hear you go on about all that logging I figured you did more. Being as you are all such number junkies and all. Especially Medawisla..
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    28 caches. Wow to hear you go on about all that logging I figured you did more. Being as you are all such number junkies and all. Especially Medawisla..
    hey now, 28 caches up there in 2 days is a pretty good number! seeing as there was about 2hrs driving between some of those caches...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post

Sharp eyes there Hollora . . . to answer your questions.

1) Yes it was a Garmin. I let Hiram do all the work . . . much easier when you own a Magellan GPSr you know.

2) I purposefully turned it backwards, upside down, etc. . . . I was wondering if anyone would notice and wonder if I was a shortbus geocacher.

3) Wicked good time . . . just wait until you read the narrative. It's almost finished.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I was holding back . . . just wanted to use the Magellan when we really couldn't get a good lock with the Garmin . . . didn't want to show up the Garmin you know.

Oh yeah . . . thanks for cleaning my windshield and reattaching the suction cups . . . but was it really necessary to attach the suction cups to the windshield with Super Glue?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Let's be real Jake. You and I much prefer the Pillsbury Formation to the Allsbury any day!
    Sometime when we get together we can tell you a little more about the Allsbury Formation and why it was such a titillating cache for us . . . of course it's all Medawisla's fault.

As for Pillsbury Formation . . . yeah . . . I look like the Pillsbury Formation.

Only 24 for me . . . we could have got more though but Hiram and Medawisla didn't want to set up the tent in the dark and the rain and eat Chips Ahoy cookies for dinner . . . instead we set up the evening before dark set in, it wasn't raining yet and we had Hiram's "Wicked Good" Ribs and Special BBQ Sauce . . . it was a compromise that I willingly made.

Oh yeah . . . and we could have had even more if a) I had left Friday evening and set up my tent in the Presque Isle Walmart parking lot like Hiram suggested or b) we had not gone back to a cache that Hiram was insisting that we do in Caribou (inside joke on that last one . . . you'll understand when you read the narrative.)

hey now, 28 caches up there in 2 days is a pretty good number! seeing as there was about 2hrs driving between some of those caches...
    Yeah . . . but didn't time just fly by . . . at least for those folks who slept in the back seat for the entire two hours.