vb:literal>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tread Lightly 2008: I'm Calling Shotgun . . . the Prequel

You guys were so close to the Tramway did you stop in and visit it while you were in the area?
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    You guys were so close to the Tramway did you stop in and visit it while you were in the area?
    we talked about it, but we were soaked enough, and the weather wasnt getting any better, we stuck to doin what we had to do to grab the maps. There's still plenty more trips left this year...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I would love to go there some day via snowmobile.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

That is a trip I so want to do.........

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I would love to go there some day via snowmobile.
    I am definitely going back this year on snowmobile. I know the way by sled now. Talk to me this winter Jake.
    Blazing Troll

I am definitely going back this year on snowmobile. I know the way by sled now. Talk to me this winter Jake.
    can i call shotgun???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    can i call shotgun???
    Well I only have a single rider sled . . . I thought I told you my story about my buddy Joe and his sled breaking down in Patten.

Actually I'll tell you what . . . if this winter is good in terms of snow and if we can arrange things so that Rick can guide us there I think I'll be able to borrow a sled for the day so you could have your own sled -- a two-up so Medawisla could come along as well.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I will also have an extra sled this winter to with my son going into the service. I will say this is a long day though and we do have to maintain a good speed all day. This is an easy 200 mile trip if we stay in Jackman. If we find a place to stay in Rockwood then it would be a about 140 mile day. Greenville would add about 30 more miles onto that. That is the reason we would have to maintain some good speeds for the trip. This should not be a big problem though because there is a lot of lake riding and the lakes have been drained. We can keep the speeds at 70 mph easly.
    Blazing Troll