vb:literal>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cell Phone Coverage

Default Bad things people do with cell phones

About a month ago, I received a cell call around 8 at night from a client who somehow had my cell number on his phone. He was screaming and I couldn't hear him due to extreme background noise. I asked him to turn off what ever it was he was running so I could hear him. He said, and I have to quote this one:" I can't! Some guy just ran a red light and t-boned me. They're cutting me out of the car with the Jaws of Life! Can you get up here?"

This is when you want to take a hammer to the thing! Interestingly, after my rather "terse" response, I never heard from the clown! Like many, I have a love-hate relationship with my phone.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    About a month ago, I received a cell call around 8 at night from a client who somehow had my cell number on his phone. He was screaming and I couldn't hear him due to extreme background noise. I asked him to turn off what ever it was he was running so I could hear him. He said, and I have to quote this one:" I can't! Some guy just ran a red light and t-boned me. They're cutting me out of the car with the Jaws of Life! Can you get up here?"

This is when you want to take a hammer to the thing! Interestingly, after my rather "terse" response, I never heard from the clown! Like many, I have a love-hate relationship with my phone.
    See if I call you again....

Funny, usually the lawyers are already at the scenes of crashes like that. Couldn't he have just yelled to you instead?
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

The next time I call, I will just say, "Dan, I need a phone A Friend! I am at N ____ W ____, could you please come help me retrieve the cache, I can't quite reach it!"

Talking Funny, funny people

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    See if I call you again....
    Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    Funny, usually the lawyers are already at the scenes of crashes like that. Couldn't he have just yelled to you instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    The next time I call, I will just say, "Dan, I need a phone A Friend! I am at N ____ W ____, could you please come help me retrieve the cache, I can't quite reach it!"
    You three don't quit your day jobs.
    Happy Trails!

hey!!! You got a new vehicle?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    hey!!! You got a new vehicle?
    Don't get him started
    (But I will hit him up for a ride sometime...)

(and it can't even fit a 48" wide piece of plywood in the back, what use is it anyway?)

Wow! I hadn't looked at this thread for a long time, but it seems to have gained a life of it's own.

Update: Back in late August, I got a new cell phone. I still don't use is all that much, but it's got a lot more features than my old TracFone. I haven't tried it in the areas that I didn't have reception in the past, mostly because I found those caches. I'll have to try soon and update this thread again.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

Talking I have a plan

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    Don't get him started
    (But I will hit him up for a ride sometime...)

(and it can't even fit a 48" wide piece of plywood in the back, what use is it anyway?)
    That's why I have a friend with the versatile Subaru Wagon.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    That's why I have a friend with the versatile Subaru Wagon.
    Heck, with some foam and bungies it could go on the roof! Or ya gotta hitch - with some chain and a skateboard - just tow it!