vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to vote for our 2008 Maine Geocoin

Hybrid View

Default Time to vote for our 2008 Maine Geocoin

I drafted up all the inputs that I could find and put them all in this poll for everyone to vote on. I set the voting deadline for 15 August.

Blazing Troll

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I drafted up all the inputs that I could find and put them all in this poll for everyone to vote on. I set the voting deadline for 15 August.

so what is the offical results and when do we get this thing ordered?

I think the poll shows what the results are for sure but has anyone started on the coin? A little over 4 months and it will 2009.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I have emailed the winning coin to Coins&Pins today to get an idea on costs as well as design input. The icons on the rim of the coin may have to be simplified. Lots of detail on a small image may not come out, but she'll let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    I have emailed the winning coin to Coins&Pins today to get an idea on costs as well as design input. The icons on the rim of the coin may have to be simplified. Lots of detail on a small image may not come out, but she'll let me know.
    Having done a coin - I know this is a task. I do like the design concept and hopefully C&P can make it work with minimal modification.

IMHO - the cut out design will make a difference on sales over a flat round coin - to the general market. IMHO, this is an upscale design and should make it more attractive to buyers.

Post the final design on the GC.com geocoin forums and this should sell well. Unless of course, you are going to limit it to GCM members and if so - still post it and we will get a lot of "new" members. LOL

The geocoin "craze" if you want to call it has died out so to speak from a couple of years ago when everyone wanted all the coins that they could get their hands on. With the costs going up on everything of late I think it would be a wise decision to post it on the GC forums where there are a good number of collectors still and with the larger numbers of people to reach through them and with pre-sales, I think the price can be substantially lowered. JMHO

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by hollora; 08-22-2008 at 08:35 PM. Reason: spelling and syntax - shut my mouth don't need to be here

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Just as long as I don't miss the fact I need to order, as I nearly did with the last coin.
    That happened to me as well and I almost missed ordering mine too.

Didn't realize you were such the authority on geocoins. Sorry for the ECHO as you put it. Just thought I had a good idea to follow up on.

Don't need to share

I have listed previous coins on the GC forums and will with this one too.
    As far as discounting the coins, I've calculated the costs on the last two coins pretty close. The $50-75 that I've been over has stayed in the account and rolled into the next coin. So far I haven't gotten burned, so I'll keep doing it this way. As far as paypal and prepays, I know they are pretty sketchy about prepays, but I'm not financing $2-4000 up front for coins that I may or may not sell. If I'd ordered half as many 2007 coins as I sold in '05, I'd be sitting on about 500 of them right now, ouch. Nobody has complained about prepay so far..... I'll keep my fingers crossed.