vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should warnings be required (dangerous plant)?

Hey,
    Let's start an offensive cacher .. er... I mean Offensive cache thread, where we can post pictures of things ( or people) that others should look out for when caching a certain area...

Default Offensive Cachers

You want offensive? I have had poison now since about May. I really hate caching in long pants with this warm weather. Last week I had to call my doc because the stuff was spreading dangerously close to... well I didn't want to look like a baseball player. (Those guys aren't discreet about scratching!) Now have an Rx lifetime prescription for high test cortizone. Does this mean I'm caching on steroids and some of my caches will have an asterisk after them?

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    Hey,
    Let's start an offensive cacher .. er... I mean Offensive cache thread, where we can post pictures of things ( or people) that others should look out for when caching a certain area...
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    . . . Does this mean I'm caching on steroids and some of my caches will have an asterisk after them?
    So far this is the best one-liner of the day.

Poison ivy is funny stuff . . . to my knowledge I've never had it even though I'm outside a lot camping, hiking, geocaching, ATVing, etc. I've heard and believe that some folks are not as susceptible to the stuff . . . whereas other folks are like you and my wife or Jim Porter who seemingly just get a few feet from the stuff and break out in the PI rash.

Who's Jim Porter you may be asking . . . why JP is my neighbor, deputy sheriff and firefighter who has managed to get exposed to poison ivy numerous times while at car accidents (in one accident myself, my wife and Jim were lying in the stuff . . . I had no issues, Jim and my wife broke out in rashes . . . Jim was bad enough that he had to go to the doctor) and then one time in the Spring they were burning some brush and the poison ivy got into the smoke and poor Jim inhaled some of the smoke and ended up with poison ivy in his throat.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    ...Perhaps our local approver could comment...
    Sorry I didn't post sooner, but I've been out caching, hiking and kayaking!!

Geocaching, hiking, backpacking, and other outdoor activities involve risk to both persons and property. There are many variables including, but not limited to, weather, fitness level, terrain features and outdoor experience, that must be considered prior to seeking or placing a cache. Be prepared for Your journey and be sure to check the current weather and conditions before heading outdoors. Always exercise common sense and caution. You assume all risks arising in connection with seeking a cache or any other related activity.

I suspect most reviewers would not appreciate anyone mis-leading cachers into a dangerous situation.

Never attempt any cache you are not comfortable with.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

I can't believe I am 51 years old and never heard of stinging nettle until this thread and then today I go to Miller walking path cache in Lisbon and get stung by the stuff. Hopefully no one mentions venomous cobras or the like!

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    I can't believe I am 51 years old and never heard of stinging nettle until this thread and then today I go to Miller walking path cache in Lisbon and get stung by the stuff. Hopefully no one mentions venomous cobras or the like!
    Wow - that is unreal. Did you post the information in the log - "nettle"? I will be looking for this in the future.

Apparently its good for the prostate. Google Stinging Nettle and see what comes up!

I had never heard of it before either. Though I think I have seen it before. I never really wear shorts a lot when I am tramping around the woods so probably that is why I have never gotten into it. Hell I have been doing trail work for my snowsled club for eight years now and have never gotten into anything like that before. I wouldn't know poison ivy either. Something about "leaves of three stay away from me"....?

Where the hell is that thing?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilHomer View Post

Apparently its good for the prostate. Google Stinging Nettle and see what comes up!

It hurt my arm pretty good but I'll see how close I can get it to my prostate and let you know if it works.

It hurt my arm pretty good but I'll see how close I can get it to my prostate and let you know if it works.
    lol, please don't post any pics of that!!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.