vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cache like it's 2001!

DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Wow!

My wish is brdad's command! Wow, thanks!

Exclamation share your experience

Do tell all
    I'm putting together a feature for the next newsletter about challenge caches; I'd love to add your thoughts and experiences!!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

If we are in the area of a 2001 cache we usually try to grab it. At this point we have 6 left. We did Jammer on the forth and it was awesome. The water flowing over Angel Falls was beautiful.

I got three today in one trip. Barters Outsmarter, One if by Land, and Two if by sea.

All very nice BLRT caches in great shape. The two if by sea is done easily with a canoe (that's what we used) or a kayak.

This almost kind of sounds like a little bit, the Delorme Challenge.

Cache on!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Question I need too many still

I still need 12, but one is currently disabled. I have the 2001 challenge pop up as my closest cache most every day here in Bangor reminding me I need to get the rest of them. It's going to be tough to finish it this summer with my hectic schedule. (sigh) Maybe next year.
    Happy Trails!

Default I need to travel!

Okay, if anyone gets the crazy idea of going for Rogue Rocks or Jammer, contact me. I'll split the gas money....
    I have a long way to go to get this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    Okay, if anyone gets the crazy idea of going for Rogue Rocks or Jammer, contact me. I'll split the gas money....
    I have a long way to go to get this one!
    Jammer isn't too far from Eustis (as the crow flies anyway), so you could get it if you come to the September Eustis event. "Geocache" is on the way to Eustis from Kingfield. Three of the caches are in Boothbay Harbor, One If By Land, Two If By Sea and Barter's Outsmarter. Get Out Of Dodge is on the River Road From Damariscotta to Boothbay. And Patty's Mount Battie is of course, in Camden.

Does that help any?
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Post I'm Challenged......

I have only 5 left, but DNF'd Hemlock today. 3 more of them are in So.Maine and then Jammer, I'll get when we head to Eustis in the Fall.

Then there's The Well Rounded Cacher.......only 8 more to go.

The NH webcam, virtual, Earthcache challenge........only 1 more to go

I'm still working on the second Vermont 3+ DeLorme Challenge.......many more to go.

The good news.....Maine's Unique and Natural AS Degree...done! I'll sign the log next time I see TAT.

Some days I'm just challenged to get up.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    I have only 5 left, but DNF'd Hemlock today. 3 more of them are in So.Maine and then Jammer, I'll get when we head to Eustis in the Fall.
    Hemlock seems like Old470 - People either find it fairly quick or they look for hours. We looked well over an hour on the first attempt, would have gambled money it was missing. Part of it is the terrain rating - it's not a 1, but probably no more than a 1.5. I know that's only half a point, but that's the difference between being able to reach it from a wheelchair or not being able to.

It's good to see a number of people are working on this cache!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."