vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beer and Wings anyone

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    I'm planning on doing this "quest" in the morning before the event. If anyone wants to go with me, let me know. I've got all the waypoints on printed maps, so it should go pretty fast with a helper.
    What are you refering to? The whole Bangor area? I would be interested. But don't know if I can get up there to early. What time are you talking about starting if this is what you are refering to?
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    I'm planning on doing this "quest" in the morning before the event. If anyone wants to go with me, let me know. I've got all the waypoints on printed maps, so it should go pretty fast with a helper.
    If you think you see someone hiding in the bushes, you are close to the cache.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    What are you refering to? The whole Bangor area? I would be interested. But don't know if I can get up there to early. What time are you talking about starting if this is what you are refering to?
    Haffy6, The G Team and I are going to do the "You Sank My Battleship" munti-cache before the Beer & Wings event. If we do that quickly, we'll look for some other Bangor caches we haven't found.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Oh yeah - I'm meeting Haffy6 in Skowhegan at 8:00 (meeting details with The G Team are still being worked out) and we'd hit Bangor about 9:15 or so.

I talked to Mainiac1957 and he said if we started the Battleship cache at 11 am that we would be done by 1 pm. I was wondering why we were all going to be in Bangor at 9:15? I want to do hte cache with you guys, but am just wondering why so early? I could also meet you all somewhere.
    Blazing Troll

It takes Brdad over 2 hours to do it and he knows knows where every site is. Most people who have done it, say it takes between 4 and 5 hours to accomplish the task. And that is for people who live in Bangor,if I am not correct then I'm sure Brdad could set you straight on that.

I am interested to hear how it goes. It did take me a few hours on a test run. The more you know Bangor, the faster it would be. Also, if you have any communication (cell phone, meeting spot, etc.), you could team up in 2-3 cars and share the load. You may find it a little more difficult as the Bangor Fair will be running, too.

Wink Mmmmm

I would love to go, but am not sure that I can fit in a ride to the Bangor area from Portland on that day. You never know though, depending on what the day brings, I may just be there!!

Cool Success

What a great turnout I had for this first attempt at an event cache. I am now fired up to do the picnic in September. All of you I talked to about support, I want you to know how much I appreciate that. Whatever gets done will add to this being an awesome event. Thank you so much in advance for your efforts. E-mail me or PM me here with any info or question you have. Later all

What I want to know is... Did Haffy6, The G Team and I set a record for the "You Sank My Battleship" cache? We did it in 2 1/2 hours start to finish. Of course, having 2 cars, 3 GPSR's, 2 PDA's, cell phones, printed maps and radios made it a lot easier!