vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pn-20 cachemate article

Default pn-20 cachemate article

I tried to get into the PN-20 cacheamte article and recieved the following error

Warning: file_get_contents(../articles/pn-20.htm) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /includes/vba_cmps_include_top.php on line 311

I am running late for work. I will have to research this when I get home tonight. Thank you for pointing this out.
    Blazing Troll

Yeah I ran into that the other day but really didn't think much about it. Thanks Rick
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I have it working again. I don't know where it when to. I re-uploaded it. Thank you for pointing it out.
    Blazing Troll

Rick,

I just looked at the article and thanks for fixing it. I did find one change that I would make in it. When you export out export the caches out as a gpx and then import the gpx file into topo 7. By doing it that way you can have the cache details on the GPS. You can also format that info as well using Gsak.

Let me know if that idea works for you. I have been using that method and have liked having the cache page on my GPS or at least I will if I end up getting it back from them.

I have had a bunch of issues with mine and now last weekend I took it kyaking and found out that mine was not exactly waterproof. I have learned their support is poor.

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    I have had a bunch of issues with mine and now last weekend I took it kyaking and found out that mine was not exactly waterproof. I have learned their support is poor.
    This is interesting - have been watching folks who had this unit and their comments. it is nearing time for a new unit.

Parmachenee has one of these and if I remember correctly, spoke of good support ~ has this changed? What type of issues are not being addressed with support? Not waterproof - isn't this one of the selling points?

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    Rick,

I just looked at the article and thanks for fixing it. I did find one change that I would make in it. When you export out export the caches out as a gpx and then import the gpx file into topo 7. By doing it that way you can have the cache details on the GPS. You can also format that info as well using Gsak.
    So let me get this right before I change it Rob.

When I export out of GSAK I need to export them as a GPX file?

Then import the file as a GPS into Topo 7?

Are the direction still the same after that?
    Blazing Troll

I finally decided to look at this thread and the article. Why is the title of the article "Maine Geocaching stats"?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    So let me get this right before I change it Rob.

When I export out of GSAK I need to export them as a GPX file?

Then import the file as a GPS into Topo 7?

Are the direction still the same after that?

Yes, the only differance between what I do and what you have here is I work in a GPX file rather in a delorme export.

The bigest advantage is the amount of info that you can get from the GPX file.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    This is interesting - have been watching folks who had this unit and their comments. it is nearing time for a new unit.

Parmachenee has one of these and if I remember correctly, spoke of good support ~ has this changed? What type of issues are not being addressed with support? Not waterproof - isn't this one of the selling points?

So far have am starting to loose my patients with them. The people all seem nice enough just not real thrilled with have to restart the unit and redownload the software multiple times to finnally get it to run even remotely passing. It is also still slow and very clunky for geocaching and I have not been impressed with the charging ability that the unit has, that feature has never really worked and the screen backlight dims when you are charging making it hard to read on the dash in the daylight. The unit is supposed to be watter tight but over the weekend I had it tied to the top of my kayak and it did not fare well. I called monday to arrange for a replacment and the Rep was going to set up an exchange at the store for me . he did not do that and only set up and RMA. now for most of this week I have been calling trying to get a status update and arrange for pickup of a GPS and I am told that no one in that department takes calls and they are refusing to call me back. Rigt now I am getting very close to going down and talking to a few managers and screaming till they accept a return and refund my money. I am getting very close to never wanting anything to do with Delorme ever again.