vb:literal>

Thread: eTrexH and Mac Behaving Badly. Help...

Question eTrexH and Mac Behaving Badly. Help...

Hi folks,

I have a Mac iBook G3 running sytem 10.4. I have a Garmin eTrex H (new last Christmas) that I just bought a PC interface cable as well as a USB to serial converter. I have downloaded Garmin's most recent Communicator Plugin for the Mac. When I log into Geocaching.com, find a cache I'm interested in, and click on "Send to GPS," it comes up, "No Devices Found." The eTrex is on, cables are all snug and fitting as they should. This is new to me and I'm about to throw the whole stupid lot into the Kennebec. I live in Richmond. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

I'm afraid I will be of no use to you since I use a PC and Magellan . . . however Sudonim uses a Mac and I believe he has a Garmin. He might be able to help . . . don't toss everything into the waters yet . . . usually there's enough smart people here that can figure out an answer to just about any geocaching/technical problem.

I did however want to extend a welcoming invitation to you here at geocachingmaine.org.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Hi Dangaea,
    I felt the same way for quite a while. Garmin support for the Mac has been spotty at best. I got a 60CSx for Xmas in 2006 because Garmin said they would have Mac support that year. Well, it took another year+ before they got their act together.
    I had to go to Garmin's web site and download a software update for my GPSr. I can now use a USB cable to do the "Send to GPS" function. Before my software update, I too got the "No Devices Found" message. If you go here:
    https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/do...D=144&pID=8705
    this might help, it's the update page for your unit. If that doesn't work, PM me, I might be able to help.