vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Delorme cache

Default Delorme cache

I'm new to this and I was just curious about the Delorme cache. Are you trying to get a cache from every page in the Delorme except for the exempt pages? It may seem like a dumb question but it wasn't exactly clear when I read about it. thanks.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ltlindian View Post
    I'm new to this and I was just curious about the Delorme cache. Are you trying to get a cache from every page in the Delorme except for the exempt pages? It may seem like a dumb question but it wasn't exactly clear when I read about it. thanks.

You can find a cache in each of the grids or you can place one.

Yes, it is that simple

well... the getting the caches part isn't that simple, but the concept is

once you get a cache on every page, and form some type of proof (most people use the bookmark lists on gc.com) and submit it to the cache owner, then you get the sublime privilege of getting the coords to the final cache
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Each grid? That's a lot more than each page right? Wow--I've got a long way to go then.

d’76 Guest

Each grid? That's a lot more than each page right? Wow--I've got a long way to go then.

Each page and each grid are the same thing I think. If not then its each page

Thanks--I'm going to work on a page or two this weekend!

Thanks--I'm going to work on a page or two this weekend!
    If you read the cache page - I do believe some pages (grids) are still exempt (you don't have to do them). It is a fun challenge - enjoy!

A few months back I thought that was never any way I would get near to completing the DeLorme Challenge since I figured that even though I had been geocaching for a couple of years that I didn't travel that far.

It wasn't until Hiram took a list of my found caches and plugged them into a map that he came up with that I realized that in the course of geocaching here and there on various camping trips, business trips, day trips, etc. that I had actually done a lot more caches in a lot more places that I had realized. Of course it helps that a) I had been actively geocaching for some time, b) I live in an area of the state that is relatively central to the rest of the State and c) well . . . see A.

I suspect that few folks set out to just do the DeLorme Challenge . . . rather most have done a bunch of the maps and then at some point figure they might as well do a few more to wrap up this Challenge and be one of the proud, the few, the Marines . . . I mean . . . the Geocachers. In all seriousness, this is a fun cache to do . . . it just takes a lot of time and gas money to get to some of them. My personal advice . . . do some local caches near you, expand outwards with some day trips and nab a few more on a camping trip . . . in time you too will soon come to the realization one day that you have found a lot more maps than you might have realized.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

With today's gas prices I wonder how much it would cost to do what we did when this thing was published?
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Gob-ler any gas company would be proud of you - I just finished last year and even then it was nice to car pool with another cacher to enjoy the journey.