vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Delorme cache

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    With today's gas prices I wonder how much it would cost to do what we did when this thing was published?
    I can tell you that it cost a small fortune just to drive up to Fort Kent and then swing down into the Maine North Woods and to the Golden Road to grab the maps that are in the middle of nowhere. . . .
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Amen and that is without paying road fees! to the nice folks who welcome you with open arms.........

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I can tell you that it cost a small fortune just to drive up to Fort Kent and then swing down into the Maine North Woods and to the Golden Road to grab the maps that are in the middle of nowhere. . . .
    yes, but were'nt the ribs and blueberry pancakes worth it?????
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    yes, but were'nt the ribs and blueberry pancakes worth it?????
    Without a doubt . . . I am drooling right now on my keyboard just thinking about those ribs and the special sauce.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Ribs and Special Sauce? I never found those when I was up there!

But then again it may have been the middle of the night!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    Ribs and Special Sauce? I never found those when I was up there!

But then again it may have been the middle of the night!
    It's one of those special features that comes with the hiram-hiram navigational system, just add beer!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

And Special Sauce?!?

Sounds like a baling can and towel were in order for that weekend too! Where did he put that tent?

I could pay for this one LOL!

I'm not goal oriented or a numbers person, but I'm wondering where you find out about the different challenges like delorme, 2001, 5 terrain, and others that have been mentioned here in the past. Also is there a list of series like Rose, Dalmations, Piano Key?

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    I'm not goal oriented or a numbers person, but I'm wondering where you find out about the different challenges like delorme, 2001, 5 terrain, and others that have been mentioned here in the past. Also is there a list of series like Rose, Dalmations, Piano Key?
    If you have GSAK, you can get PQs of every available cache in the state and look them over by most any criteria. If you're real obsessed like me, you can even keep a database of every archived cache as well.

Also, some people have boookmark lists of caches. For example, here is a bookmark list a left coast cacher keeps which is filled with challenge type caches all over the U.S.
    http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/...3-7fe026bf883d
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Arrow check out the august newsletter

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    Also, there will be a little bit more fun in the August Newsletter about this and a couple other challenge caches. Enjoy!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods