vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: all the caches

Default all the caches

is there a way to get all the Maine caches downloaded to topo USA. It would be nice to have them all at your access so a certain area could be loaded into GPS. I tried a pocket query but 500 caches was only like a 40 mile radius or so. Thanks

d’76 Guest

From what I have heard it would be a series of dates that will make this easier. I used three pqs that covered the whole state up till last year. Now it takes several pqs to get the whole state.

Its nice to see all the caches in the state but be warned... the cache availibilty changes so often I wouldnt depend on the info loaded in to topo a week or so ago and take off looking for them. Some get archived or muggled or washed down stream. I usually do a pq the night before if I know I am caching in a certain area the next day. By morning its always there and I load them then. Good luck. I have loaded all of maine into topo before so I could see cache density and get more bang for my buck.

Good luck

i tried a along a route query and didn't like the results, probably user error on my part, seemed to be alot of empty areas. i used up my 5 for the day though, just trying to figure it out still

Something I learned is "Don't select a day to run" when you make the PQ.
    Then after you submit it do a preview to see what you are going to get. When it looks right then check off the box in the table for when you want to run it.

A house is not a home without a cat.

duhhh, how simple, wish i had thought of that thanks for the tip

There was another thread here recently that dealt with this too. I believe brdad had the dates to use to get all the active caches in Maine. I looked at geocaching.com and there appear to be about 2900 caches so it will take 6 PQ's of 500 caches to get them all.

A house is not a home without a cat.

I have a set of instructions on how to do what you are trying to do right on this site in the articles section.

All Unfound Maine Caches in Multiple PQs

I can't give you a list of dates to use, since we all have different unfound caches. I can, however, give you approximate dates for all active Maine caches.

PQ #1 ............. 1/1/2000 - 6/24/05
    PQ #2 ............. 6/25/05 - 7/4/06
    PQ #3 ............. 7/5/06 - 1/23/07
    PQ #4 ............. 1/24/07 - 8/22/07
    PQ #5 ............. 8/23/07 - 4/25/08
    PQ #6 ............. 4/26/08 - 12/31/2010
    Last edited by brdad; 07-12-2008 at 07:23 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Fantastic! This is probably the most useful information I've found since I got into caching. I've just signed up for a membership to GC a short time ago so am just getting acquainted with queries. You made it that much easier. Thanks Brdad.
    http://slimcache.blogspot.com
    SlimCache - My journey to become a healthier person through geocaching.

If in doubt just ask DAD!!!!. He dah man!!!...lol
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Anyone got the list of the approximate dates to do a PQ for New Hampshire? Thanks!