vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GARMIN GPSmap 60CSx GPS

Hybrid View

Default GARMIN GPSmap 60CSx GPS

I might have a chance of buying a new GPSmap 60Sx for a good price. I read the reviews on this and people love it, but there isn't too much on how it would work with my kayaking needs. Has anyone used this out on the water?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    I might have a chance of buying a new GPSmap 60Sx for a good price. I read the reviews on this and people love it, but there isn't too much on how it would work with my kayaking needs. Has anyone used this out on the water?

I never got to use mine for kayaking but TAT used the Franken GPS on his. The only think I had found was that I would need to buy charts for it but that was no big deal.

Thumbs up I've had 60s for a few years now...

I had the 60 cs and now the csx. I have a Garmin mounting base stuck to the deck on my Old Town Dirigo. I take the back plate out of my car and it snaps right into the base on the kayak. I have gotten it wet on more than one occasion with no ill effects (So far). It works super in the woods and I guess it finds me all the caches I want. They have come down so much since the Colorados came out. A good choice for geocaching in my opinion.
    Happy Trails!

The Garmin 76 series has the similar features plus it is waterproof and it floats. D of DSKG has one and loves it. I believe Gob-ler had a 76 and went back to the 60.

Default 60sx

My 60 csx works fine on the water, basically the same as the unit you're looking at. I now have a Nuvi, a Vista csx, a 60 csx and a Colorado 400t. For the "little' extra it would cost you for the 400t, I think it would well be worth it. We're talking totally paperless and the ability to load 2000 caches with hints, logs, the whole enchilada in the blink of an eye. I know the Town of Windsor isn't paying our teachers even close to a fair wage but you couldn't go wrong with a 400.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I know the Town of Windsor isn't paying our teachers even close to a fair wage ...
    Ain't that the truth.
    We don't teach for the money. If I were a materialistic person, that may matter. The kids at Windsor are wonderful. My house is falling to the ground. I can handle the trade-off.

hee, hee - when I first met TAT - one thing we had in common was I had one just like his "Franken" (well before it was morfed - the 76 but mine was a C). We had talked a bunch of times about ocean use to caching use. LOL

Well, I bought my daughter an el cheapo Etrex for her birthday so we could go together and she would have her own. In borrowing hers a bunch to take a 10 year old to learn - I picked up an el very cheapo Etrex off Ebay. It had never even had the warranty activated through the Garmin web site! Woot! Now to get an interface cord.

Anyway - one my sights, and I guess Dan just cemented this, is a Colorado! I already love loading caches into the Nuvi I just bought for a wicked deal.

My son bought the 60 something and loves it too. I just don't see my Palm lasting that long and adding it all into one tool seems to make sense. Plus - one load of information vs a couple. That combined with the Nuvi seems to be my next step.

That said, we all work in different steps and I know KK you don't just Geocache with yours. The 60 is a powerful unit and I have had the pleasure to cache with a couple of folks who have either the CS or the CSX and they are both happy with the unit.

Hope the information everyone has shared helps you.

Karen

I have a 60CSx and a Colorado. I have had the 76CSx in the past as well.

There are a lot of things I really like about the Colorado, but if push comes to shove and I had to choose I think it would be the 60. The x (sirff) chip is a winner. A very stable platform that is proven. Granted it does not float, but you can remedy that with a zip lock or otter.

I say go for it if you can, you won't regret it and besides shiney and new alongside that beast that Tat uses would be such a contrast.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Question . . . .

Whats the biggest micro SD card the 60CSx can hold?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Starzz View Post
    Question . . . .

Whats the biggest micro SD card the 60CSx can hold?

Thanks!
    We have a 2Gig in ours and it works great. I have read that 2Gig is the biggest but I can't confirm that.