Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
I may sound like an ogre but if it has not been found several times and has not been maintained I think you should log a "Should be archived" on GC.com. The reviewer will contact the owner and if there is no reply it will get archived. Then you can place a new cache there, with owner permission, of course.
I agree 100%. If a cache owner can't take care of a cache in a reasonable amount of time then it should be archived to give someone else the opportunity to put one there themselves. Something else that falls into this category is Travel bug, and Geocoin owners that dont answer emails about their TBs, or about TB's/geocoins that they have in their possession. I have sent emails, and left Log notes about several "missing" TBs in this area and I never get a response, and the TBs never get logged as missing, or no longer in the cache. I also don't always get emails back from people that have MY TB's or Geocoins when I email them. > If you can't keep up with the maintenance of a cache, T.B, or Geocoin then dont put them out, or don't take them out of a cache!