vb:literal>

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Owner Maintenance or Archived

I'm confused. So this person
    A: DNF'd the cache, so hid a new cache to claim the grid.
    B: Replaced the DNF'd cache and claimed it as a find.

And how far away? 1.5 miles? .15 miles?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Thumbs down Par for the course

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    nope, they DNFd ours and rehid another to get the delorme map...

and I highly doubt that ours is missing since upsalquitch found it last week, and it's not in a very "high muggle" area...
    If you look at some of their other hides most are archived. The cache names even suggest that they place lame caches. That's just the way that player chooses to play the game. Remember the rule is there ain't no rules. For the most part anyway. I don't personally agree with it, but you know what they say about opinions.
    Happy Trails!

Default I looked it up

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post

.15 miles and it has not been published.
    Happy Trails!

.15 miles and it has not been published.
    How do you claim a find for an unpublished cache???

Or even claim a placed cache???

A house is not a home without a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post

OOH!! OOH!!! I KNOW THE ANSWER!!! IT'S A!!

and their hide was .15mi away...

here's a link to the cache page

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...f-68753e16415d
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
    How do you claim a find for an unpublished cache???

Or even claim a placed cache???

for the delorme challenge, if you hide a cache on that page you can claim it. And I see it still hasn't been published yet, I'm wondering if our cache approver is having issues with someone from out of state placing a cache so far out of reach...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    nope, they DNFd ours and rehid another to get the delorme map...

and I highly doubt that ours is missing since upsalquitch found it last week, and it's not in a very "high muggle" area...
    Just read their log . . . very odd. Based on the placement (high and dry), cache container (a decent sized Lock n' Lock container) and fact that a long-time, reliable cacher found it shortly before (i.e. Upsalquitch . . . who has a long history of rehiding caches the way he found them and knows the rules) and based on the location (i.e. in the middle of nowhere with very, very little chance of a cache being found) I am a bit suspicious of this . . .

It also seems a bit odd that they logged the DNF for this cache this week . . . but there are no other logged cache finds in all of Maine and they live in Massachusetts (the last recorded cache find was in early July I think it was down in MA). I say this is a bit odd since I tend to log all my finds and DNFs whenever I've been out on a caching trip all at once . . . and it just seems strange that someone would drive all that way for one cache and then log a DNF and no other finds. I mean what I'm trying to say is that when we swung through the Northwoods we grabbed the other caches "in the area" . . . I recorded mine the next day, Steph recorded her finds a day or two later and Hiram used the auto-download feature using GSAK. I mean stranger things have happened and folks do strange things . . . just seems a mite bit odd to me.

Hiram . . . the only possibilities that I could possibly come up with is a fisherman stumbling on to it . . . although it seems to me that they would be a bit closer to the stream or is it possible that we were too close to the Allagash Wilderness Waterway . . . I mean I too looked at a map and it seemed as though we were well enough away from that restricted area . . . but maybe someone monitoring caches in the area thought we were too close . . . or maybe it was paper company folks . . . or maybe it was the green men in the space ship . . . or the shooter on the grassy knoll. In any case, very odd.

So . . . uh . . . when are we going back to check on this cache???
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Just read their log . . . very odd. Based on the placement (high and dry), cache container (a decent sized Lock n' Lock container) and fact that a long-time, reliable cacher found it shortly before (i.e. Upsalquitch . . . who has a long history of rehiding caches the way he found them and knows the rules) and based on the location (i.e. in the middle of nowhere with very, very little chance of a cache being found) I am a bit suspicious of this . . .

It also seems a bit odd that they logged the DNF for this cache this week . . . but there are no other logged cache finds in all of Maine and they live in Massachusetts (the last recorded cache find was in early July I think it was down in MA). I say this is a bit odd since I tend to log all my finds and DNFs whenever I've been out on a caching trip all at once . . . and it just seems strange that someone would drive all that way for one cache and then log a DNF and no other finds. I mean what I'm trying to say is that when we swung through the Northwoods we grabbed the other caches "in the area" . . . I recorded mine the next day, Steph recorded her finds a day or two later and Hiram used the auto-download feature using GSAK. I mean stranger things have happened and folks do strange things . . . just seems a mite bit odd to me.

Hiram . . . the only possibilities that I could possibly come up with is a fisherman stumbling on to it . . . although it seems to me that they would be a bit closer to the stream or is it possible that we were too close to the Allagash Wilderness Waterway . . . I mean I too looked at a map and it seemed as though we were well enough away from that restricted area . . . but maybe someone monitoring caches in the area thought we were too close . . . or maybe it was paper company folks . . . or maybe it was the green men in the space ship . . . or the shooter on the grassy knoll. In any case, very odd.

So . . . uh . . . when are we going back to check on this cache???

Well, I took today and tomorrow off, and was going to work on packing and moving, but if you drive, i'll navigate!!

(you can come pick me up, we'll grab a few boxes for the move, and we'll swing by this cache on our way to bangor...)

and I don't think I can see your allagash theory happening, it is pretty well away from it, and I also think that if someone thought it was too close that our ears would be hurting pretty bad by now...

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Just read their log . . . very odd. Based on the placement (high and dry), cache container (a decent sized Lock n' Lock container) and fact that a long-time, reliable cacher found it shortly before (i.e. Upsalquitch . . . who has a long history of rehiding caches the way he found them and knows the rules) ....
    and I have proof that he found it, he posted that he took my pathtag from the cache, and there was no way of knowing that it was in there unless someone dun dun dunnn... "found it" so we know it's there...