Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 61

Thread: Owner Maintenance or Archived

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    and I have proof that he found it, he posted that he took my pathtag from the cache, and there was no way of knowing that it was in there unless someone dun dun dunnn... "found it" so we know it's there...
    So I guess I'm confused . . . why would he post that he didn't find it and then hide another one .15 miles away . . . if he in fact did find it. I am so very confused right now.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    So I guess I'm confused . . . why would he post that he didn't find it and then hide another one .15 miles away . . . if he in fact did find it. I am so very confused right now.

    Read slower jake... it's "proof that upsalquitch found it, hes the one that logged my pathtag"
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Read slower jake... it's "proof that upsalquitch found it, hes the one that logged my pathtag"
    Ah, but didn't Upsalquitch find this cache and take the pathtag before the other guy logged the DNF? I'm still confused . . . but then again this is what I read when I perused through your last log (the Hiram method of reading )

    "and I have proof . . . words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words . . . it's there...

    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Ah, but didn't Upsalquitch find this cache and take the pathtag before the other guy logged the DNF? I'm still confused . . . but then again this is what I read when I perused through your last log (the Hiram method of reading )

    "and I have proof . . . words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words . . . it's there...

    Jake... I quoted the part of you talking about upsalquitch, so I was still talking about upsalquitch, and words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words

    sheesh!

    just forget I said anything about it!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brewer,ME
    Posts
    2,574

    Talking Aaron you know the rules.

    Jake doesn't read fast so you need to type slower. L i k e t h i s!! S e e.



























    Sorry Jake I c a n' t h e l p i t!
    Happy Trails!
    Yeah it's a Jeep thing!


  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Niskayuna, NY
    Posts
    601

    Default

    OK now I am c o n f u s e d

    A cacher from Mass. wants to complete the ME Delorme challange so he goes out in search of the caches. One per grid.

    He gets to a cache and can't find it so he hides one about 0.15 miles away. The first cache is still there though he just couldn't find it.

    The cache he placed has not been approved. Probably because he is from Mass and not close enough to maintain it.

    So if the Maine approver does not approve the cache is it in fact a placed cache?

    I believe that it was the only cache in the grid so it was a case of find it or not be able to complete the challange until the cache was archived or somebody placed a cache someplace else in the grid.

    Sounds like Team Teebow needs to make a decision on this. I did not see it covered in their writeup for the challange. As I read it you had to find an existing cache in each grid or you could place one if none existed. It did not cover you can place one because you could not find one that was there.

    Interesting to see the outcome?




    A house is not a home without a cat.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    6,059

    Default

    There was at least one cache placed to qualify as a grid even though caches existed there that I know of. So, I think it is allowed. And, if the cache gets approved, it should qualify. Whether or not is should is another debate.

    The cacher came up with the main purpose of getting some of the grids. I know this because I corresponded with him prior to his making the trip.

    I don't approve of vacation caches, but I'd approve less of people who DNF a cache and replace the 'missing' cache so they can log it as a find.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

    "The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brewer, Maine
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    I know of at least two caches that have been placed on grids already having caches to qualify for the challenge. I think that, even though this looks odd, Team Teebow would have to accept this one as well. (Of course, it IS his cache and he has total and final word on what goes and what doesn't.)

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    There was at least one cache placed to qualify as a grid even though caches existed there that I know of. So, I think it is allowed. And, if the cache gets approved, it should qualify. Whether or not is should is another debate.

    The cacher came up with the main purpose of getting some of the grids. I know this because I corresponded with him prior to his making the trip.

    I don't approve of vacation caches, but I'd approve less of people who DNF a cache and replace the 'missing' cache so they can log it as a find.
    When jake and i were up there, neither of us had any caches showing for that grid (and we both had fairly recents PQs) so we assumed that it was one of the virtual tour caches that was on that map before. So we went out fully prepared to place a cache (and we even had enough of a stock to replace andy's) but at least in the case of andy's cache (the seboomok) i knew where the old cache was and was able to replace it. This guy claiming it wasn't there didn't know where it was. (and also I make my rounds to my out there caches at least once or twice a year)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    So. China Maine
    Posts
    1,588

    Default Integrity

    I think that there are cachers with multi-thousands of caches who become self-absorbed with themselves and twist the rules to fatten their already over inflated egos. This is a classic case and a message to the rest of us. The cacher was frustrated that after all the driving and his "expertise" that he couldn't find this cache. So log a damned DNF and get over it! I may have 3000 caches someday and if ever start displaying this type of arrogance then come slap me in the side of the head!!! I hope our Maine Publisher looks very carefully at all of this before publishing that cache as IMHO it violates the spirit of our game.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •