vb:literal>

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Owner Maintenance or Archived

[quote=firefighterjake;44684]Maybe I'm reading things wrong here . . . and I still think it's odd that there was a DNF log on this cache, but no other found logs or DNFs (at least when I checked out this cacher's found/hidden cache page at gc.com the other day), but other than not finding the Orca cache and then hiding his own cache I don't see any real issues and agree with Brdad.

FFJ,

Upsalquich was playing with Hiram and Bailey came along and pulled Medawisla's hair, so Hiram kicked Bailey, and they all got sent to the Principals Office!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Jake, there are no other caches on that grid, i checked again last night
    I always trust my Hiram Hiram and if the Hiram Hiram says there were no other caches than there were no other caches.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I always trust my Hiram Hiram and if the Hiram Hiram says there were no other caches than there were no other caches.

these are not the droids you are looking for...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

these are not the droids you are looking for...
    "These aren't the droids we're looking for . . . move along, move along."
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Does this mean you won't respect me when you wake up in the morning Dave?

Not sure if this was directed at me personally or just a general opinion . . . in either case I don't take it personally. However, we did just this . . . but there were some mitigating circumstances (i.e. another cacher present had found the cache before and knew where it was -- the main reason we did what we did -- we would not have done this if none of us had not found this cache previously, e-mails were sent to the cache owner afterwards to make sure it was OK to replace the missing cache and the cachers who logged this as a find also understood that the cache owner could disqualify their find if he so choose.)
    No, it was not directed at you. In fact, when I made the post I had no idea you were a chea... err, liked to bend the rules. Ok, just joking Well, except for the part where I didn't know what you had done.

Anyway, I consider your situation slightly different because the cache's non-existence was verified by a previous finder, and replaced by him, not you. In that situation, I probably would have turned my back while it was re-hid and then gone to find it afterward.

I consider this different than if you had gone there alone, not found the cache, and replaced the cache where you assumed it was supposed to be and then logged it as a find. This has been done before.

That's my opinion anyway...
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    No, it was not directed at you. In fact, when I made the post I had no idea you were a chea... err, liked to bend the rules. Ok, just joking Well, except for the part where I didn't know what you had done.

Anyway, I consider your situation slightly different because the cache's non-existence was verified by a previous finder, and replaced by him, not you. In that situation, I probably would have turned my back while it was re-hid and then gone to find it afterward.

I consider this different than if you had gone there alone, not found the cache, and replaced the cache where you assumed it was supposed to be and then logged it as a find. This has been done before.

That's my opinion anyway...
    So you still respect me . . . well tolerate me here at least.

I wasn't sure if the comment was directed to me as I mentioned . . . but honestly I wasn't taking anything personally anyways even if it had been . . . and like you said, if the other cacher had not found this cache previously and knew exactly where it was it would have remained as a DNF . . . I have never and will never replace a cache where I think it should be and log it as a find . . . of course if I did I would probably have close to 2,000 finds now instead of a lot of sad faces.

nope, they DNFd ours and rehid another to get the delorme map...

and I highly doubt that ours is missing since upsalquitch found it last week, and it's not in a very "high muggle" area...
    So I've got this cache on my watchlist and I noticed that the folks who DNFed this find and then stated they were going to hide another cache in the area have now found this cache on the very same date that they DNFed it . . . and the DNF entry is now gone.

Anyone have any idea of what is going on? Did they find it or not? Was the other cache approved? I am so very, very confused . . . well more confused than normal.

So I've got this cache on my watchlist and I noticed that the folks who DNFed this find and then stated they were going to hide another cache in the area have now found this cache on the very same date that they DNFed it . . . and the DNF entry is now gone.

Anyone have any idea of what is going on? Did they find it or not? Was the other cache approved? I am so very, very confused . . . well more confused than normal.
    One way to know for sure - what's on the log?

let not your heart be troubled, I shall send an email of inquiry, if all else fails.. road trip! I need to check on my Omaha cache anyways...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

let not your heart be troubled, I shall send an email of inquiry, if all else fails.. road trip! I need to check on my Omaha cache anyways...
    Road trip - when?! Car pool - I mean ride share??? When? I would love to go if it's when I'm available.