vb:literal>

Thread: Maine Rose Series

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Maine Rose Series

Not to bemoan the history of this series - there were 3 cachers, who. after listening to the caching tales of a "handicapped" cacher - committed to do some hides. We decided to call this the Maine Rose series in honor of "Mainely Roses".

Our goal was to hide 3 dozen rose caches by Valentine's Day. Whether the goal was achieved or not we did make our effort. Each cache was to be fairly handicapped accessible - no worse than a 1.5........and in a memorable or scenic area. We feel we did achieve this goal.

There was not requirement we continue to maintain these caches forever and some have be archived.

According to what I got for statiscs, we did not achieve the goal of 3 dozen live but did put out close to that.......and with what has been archived there are still 26 active caches to find.

It appears that anyone who has found the 31 caches found all that were placed.....congraduations to all! Please know, that the intent of these caches was to highlight and bring into the fold of our community and friends - those who can not (for disablity reasons) do the nice hikes some can enjoy. But we tried to recognize a stop in a nice area or to bring them to a pretty spot was important.

Thanks to all who supported this mission. Cache on - cache happy and let's include as many as possible in out game!

I don't think there is anything physically stopping the remaining roses being hidden? Maybe it's past Valentine's Day, but Microsoft is often a year or two behind in their software!

Despite my personal apprehension toward smaller cache hides as well as series caches, I think you three ladies did a good job finding scenic locations and placing the caches in a short amount of time, and your hearts are in the right place.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I'm the weak link....I did not hide all 12 of mine. Maybe the girls will help me get those last few out.

I think the other girls hid all of theirs. I have a bookmark list that shows 30, with 4 archived. Brdad mentions there are 27 active...I think my Relic was orginally a rose and I've converted that one to just a normal cache. So it looks like Becket hid 11....(I think I am missing one of hers), Hollora at 12 and me at 7. Here's a link to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    I'm the weak link....I did not hide all 12 of mine. Maybe the girls will help me get those last few out.

I think the other girls hid all of theirs. I have a bookmark list that shows 30, with 4 archived. Brdad mentions there are 27 active...I think my Relic was orginally a rose and I've converted that one to just a normal cache. So it looks like Becket hid 11....(I think I am missing one of hers), Hollora at 12 and me at 7. Here's a link to the list.
    Never a weak link! There were circumstances which sort of hindered progress ~ and of course we can help you put out the rest.

I am even willing to replace mine which were archived for various reasons with others.

I had Becket down for 12 (at least one is archived), I did my 12 (some are achived now) and I had Cache Maine down for 7 too - yup, missing one of Beckets..........

Well, now I guess I better go think about planting some more roses........hum, I wonder about which variety??????

Speaking of roses, has anyone heard from Mainely Roses lately??? She hasn't posted in quite a while.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Although not unduly handicapped physically, whenever I am on a road trip through the greater Bangor area I am always eager to go chase a Maine Rose series cache as I pass through. The title lets me know it will be an easily accessible, interesting park and grab.

So please keep them coming for us transients who pass through.

Roses- watch for them. I am going to bring my faded ones back up to a dozen. Some new twists in the vases too!

Thanks For Doing All You Do For Other Cachers. We Look Forward To More Roses Every Time We Come To The Area.