vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kind of people are out there.

d’76 Guest

Angry What kind of people are out there.

Hey all. I just got back from caching this morning. Found one and couldn't finish looking for the other. Found power to the people. Looked for stream of the dead but for anyone interested it will be awhile I hope the container is water proof. It's under alot of water right now.

On to my gripe.

While we where on our way back from stream of the dead we decided to finish the loop and come out on Rt. 16 for a nice ride. Has anyone ever been on the Tannery Road.

I was disgusted. I was driving down the road to find a deer leg in the road. No biggy. I stopped to kick it out of the road only to find the remains that have been there awhile. I thought it was just another deer hit in maine. Then I realized that the deer was part of the rest of a mess of dumpings of leaves, branches, sheetrock and other house hold debris as well as about five beaver carcuses and beaver tails and who knows what else. I didn't have the means of picking this stuff up, but should I go back? It would be atleast all day to clean this up aswell as gross. I won't point fingers but there is a local Taxidermist in the area. Hummmmm?

Dave

Default Report it!!!

I would certainly at least report to the local game warden service. Maybe this is the act of some kind of illegal poaching but at least someone will know of it and maybe even find evidence that could be something to prosecute. Just my 2 cents
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Exclamation A CITO opportuinty

This may be a place for you to host a CITO event of strong stomached cachers. This of course would not include me unfortunatly. Some people just have no conscience or clue what they do to the area they live in. I for one can't imagine it would be the taxidermist. Dumping on your own road would be asking to get caught.
    Happy Trails!

d’76 Guest

As much time as I've have spent in the woods and hunted, My friends and I do put alittle more effort into making sure that if your going to dump legitimate kills in the woods, that they are not just one a road for any one two see. Lets face it yoou do have to dispose of it some where.

Angry Yuck!

That is horrendous! Maybe someone put it in that spot because they thought it would be easily associated with the taxidermist. I would have a hard time imagining that a professional such as him/herself would be so inconsiderate, but I may be wrong. Just the same, it is a shame and unfortunate. I agree with Haffy - let the local game warden know. I also agree with you - what ARE people thinking!!??!!
    Last edited by Beach Comber; 04-02-2005 at 05:25 PM.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Please report that.

Doesn't sound like taxidermist to me - they're usually pretty good about BURYING their stuff. Sounds more like a trapper - beaver carcases and all.
    Also sounds like he was short of meat in his freezer.

It could be a poucher.
    Blazing Troll

d’76 Guest

Thumbs up

I sent an email to DIFW i'm waiting for a reply

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    It could be a poucher.
    Not a poacher if he's got beaver. Takes pretty good trapping skills.