vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eustis Cache Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Woot - doesn't look like or sound like the physical cache has been removed yet. And I am sure you are right - great views and a beautiful sunset.
    Hmmm....okay...so if the cache is still there, can a person log an archived cache? I guess the answer would be yes, but then it comes down to ethics. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    Hmmm....okay...so if the cache is still there, can a person log an archived cache? I guess the answer would be yes, but then it comes down to ethics. Thoughts?
    Archived and not removed - to me it should be CITOed and logged as such. JMHO

Default Height of Land

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    We will be happy to help out any way we can. Not sure but plans are now to be up there early Friday afternoon. I still want to head up to Bemis for the sunset. I realize the cache is gone. I just want to enjoy the beautiful sunset. Believe it ...or not.

I've pointed this out before but will do so again. If Bemis is "gone" as it's supposed to be, there's still KG's micro, "Minnesota Twins Visit the Height of Land" to find while watching the sunset.

And yes, Hollora, if you have no one to go with, I'll accompany you while you find the Flagstaff Lake Cache Trail caches. Wind and weather permitting, of course.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    I've pointed this out before but will do so again. If Bemis is "gone" as it's supposed to be, there's still KG's micro, "Minnesota Twins Visit the Height of Land" to find while watching the sunset.

And yes, Hollora, if you have no one to go with, I'll accompany you while you find the Flagstaff Lake Cache Trail caches. Wind and weather permitting, of course.
    MT Height of Land is a nice one - and KL Wind and weather permitting!

Default First To Complete!

Congratulations to IAMPAW for completing all 14 caches around Flagstaff Lake. So she is the first to get a EBGC degree (Eustis Bachelor of Geocaching). But she still needs more to get her Master's or PhD.

I will probably put this out as a mystery cache, with a cache with appropriate goodies as a "pot of gold at the end of the rainbow". But I'm still working on that. Give me time, thinking is hard work...... Putting out caches is more fun! And I may even go find one today....
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

If I go hunting for a cache (maybe I haven't updated the palm pilot lately...) and I find the cache and sign the log, then get back to log it and find that it was archived, I see no problem logging it. If I know it is archived, I wouldn't be looking for it.

Cool Congratulations to Vicbiker!

And congratulations to Vicbiker who found all the caches around Flagstaff Lake this weekend. He even did it the hard way, kayaked from Reed Brook to KGs cache. But I think he was sorry he did it that way.....

I think I will put this "challenge" out as a cache. Since I haven't published it yet is it OK to add some more caches? KG just put out 7 on a logging road near here (Kennebago). I think I'll add those to the Master's...

Anyway, two have earned their bachelor's degree now, IAMPAW and Vic. Now if I could just get my act together....

You will - take your time......all good things happen in time.

Default yes they do....

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    You will - take your time......all good things happen in time.
    You and I both have had a lot of good things happen to us.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Jean this was a great challenge and so much fun to do, even if I did over do a little. My only problem is trying to decide if it's more beautiful looking down on Flagstaff from the top of Bigelow or is more beautiful looking up at Bigelow from the waters of Flagstaff. I've seen the view from the top many times, but this was my first time on the water, absolutely beautiful. Thanks Jean and Stan for all you do for the rest of us. Just when I think I'm getting the Eustis caches under control, KG puts out a bunch more. Means I will have to go back one more time.....Love it.