vb:literal>

Thread: Bug Invasion: Favorites in Bar Harbor/ Moosehead Lake

Talking Bug Invasion: Favorites in Bar Harbor/ Moosehead Lake

Hey everyone. It's been a while since I've logged on.
    My wife Tigger1130 and I are hoping to make a trip back up to Maine as an early celebration of our first anniversary (we did a virtual on our second date!).
    We saw the thread on Moosehead Lake and that was a big help and were wondering what y'all's favorites are around Bar Harbor/ Acadia. Also we'd like to do one or two in Boston on the way up just to say that we did one there!
    I'm really looking forward showing Tigger1130 (who still needs to log most of her caches!) a beautiful state. Thanks for any help that y'all can provide!
    Don't worry, the only bugs that I'll bring with me are travel bugs (I'd have to write myself the permits to bring in the real kind!!).
    There is always one more bug.
    -old computer saying

Wink Sure has been awhile

When are you coming to the state? It would be nice if there were an event going while you're here. There are many on Mt Desert to do that are nice. Hunters Beach Hunt (GCGPXG) by Parmachenee (2.5/3) is one I especially like. Hope you have a great time.
    Happy Trails!

Good to hear from you again!! How do you like Maryland?
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Just echoing here . . . Hunter's Beach is a good one and well worth doing.

Stop and Smell the Flowers is a relaxing cache to do . . . can be quite pretty when the gardens are in bloom.

Bass Harbor Light . . . virtual, but picturesque.

On your way . . . Birdsacre Cache . . . definitely stop to check out the birds.

As for Boston . . . I've done some there, but none really stood out. I suppose I could mention the one where I had to move the rat trap to make the find, but well. . . .
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

An Earthcache and a regular cache are at the The Ovens (the Earthcache gives you some parking information - also consult a tide chart), She Dearly Loved this Spot, EMSDanel's Snipe Hunt is cute, there is one at the Trenton Boat Launch - as well as the others mentioned. Enjoy your visit in Maine.

Thanks so much for the tips!!! We're hoping for maybe the last week of August a business trip is canceled as it most likely (read: hopefully!) will be. Thanks again.
    There is always one more bug.
    -old computer saying