vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eustis Cache Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Jean this was a great challenge and so much fun to do, even if I did over do a little. My only problem is trying to decide if it's more beautiful looking down on Flagstaff from the top of Bigelow or is more beautiful looking up at Bigelow from the waters of Flagstaff. I've seen the view from the top many times, but this was my first time on the water, absolutely beautiful. Thanks Jean and Stan for all you do for the rest of us. Just when I think I'm getting the Eustis caches under control, KG puts out a bunch more. Means I will have to go back one more time.....Love it.
    Any possiblity you are coming to the Useless Event - it would be fun to do those as a group!

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    My only problem is trying to decide if it's more beautiful looking down on Flagstaff from the top of Bigelow or is more beautiful looking up at Bigelow from the waters of Flagstaff. .
    Here's my crazy idea to solve that problem. Do the Bigelow/Flagstaff loop. I want to drop off my kayak in Stratton and then drive over to the Little Bigelow side of the ridge. Take a couple of days to hike the ridge; pick up my kayak and paddle back to my car. It could be done the other way too. I'm thinking of a way to abrieviate it so that I end up at the event.

Any takers? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    Here's my crazy idea to solve that problem. Do the Bigelow/Flagstaff loop. I want to drop off my kayak in Stratton and then drive over to the Little Bigelow side of the ridge. Take a couple of days to hike the ridge; pick up my kayak and paddle back to my car. It could be done the other way too. I'm thinking of a way to abrieviate it so that I end up at the event.

Any takers? LOL
    how bout wait till winter and ride/slide the kyak down the bigelows onto the lake...

(I'll do it for $10!)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    how bout wait till winter and ride/slide the kyak down the bigelows onto the lake...

(I'll do it for $10!)

Dang, I'd do it for free. If the kayaks don't make it across the ice, we can then hike across the water. Kayak the mountain, hike the water..... hmmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post

Any takers? LOL
    If you need a place to leave your kayak, you can bring it to our house. We can even put it in the garage if you don't like leaving it outside. Then when you hike back to Stratton give us a call and we'll pick you up.

And congratulations to IAMPAW who completed the Master's section of my Eustis Challenge yesterday, after many, many miles in her new car "IGGY". By the way, I'm trying to put this challenge out as a "cache" and am having all kinds of trouble. Anybody good at this? But whether I get it published or not, it's still a "challenge" and there will be "appropriate" rewards, whatever those may be. I'm still thinking about that...... Any suggestions?
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Default Eustis "Bachelor's Degree"

I finally got the first part of my cache challenge published, GC1EE71. To sign the log you first have to find the 14 caches listed, on the islands and shoreline of Flagstaff Lake. And to get your degree and reward, if you want one, you have to contact me. I'll be getting the Masters and Ph.D parts published soon. Two people have already completed the first part and a third may do so this weekend. Anyone with suggestions for suitable "rewards", give me some ideas please.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    Anyone with suggestions for suitable "rewards", give me some ideas please.
    I'm thinking the reward is the trip around the lake. It's so beautiful up there. And doing it in the Fall will be all I will need. Thanks so much for all of your hard work.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    I finally got the first part of my cache challenge published, GC1EE71. To sign the log you first have to find the 14 caches listed, on the islands and shoreline of Flagstaff Lake. And to get your degree and reward, if you want one, you have to contact me. I'll be getting the Masters and Ph.D parts published soon. Two people have already completed the first part and a third may do so this weekend. Anyone with suggestions for suitable "rewards", give me some ideas please.
    And the Masters degree part is published, GC1EPZH, and also the Ph.D. Degree GC1ET0W.

And the first to complete all three is: Parmachenee!

IAMPAW was first to get the Bachelors and Masters. Vicbiker was second to get his Bachelors degree. But Parmachenee, due to some serious caching last year, was first to complete all three challenges, seeing Eustis and the surrounding area by kayak, logging roads and from mountain tops. Congratulations!

A very deserving Team - Parmachenee! Woot to some friends Charron and Frank~! You Rock my friends!

Thumbs up Thank you!

I'd like to thank Kayaking Loon for organizing the Eustis Challenge Caches. Even if you don't complete all of the challenges, there is still something for every level of caching. I'd also like to thank Mainiac1957, Hollora, Nick MacCache, PJPreb, Katadin Goddess & Onestep, Etina Skeeter and Ross, Nibblr64, and Madted for their contributions to the challenge. Whether you like challenging hikes, paddling with a view, GRC's with a view, or off-roading, you will find it all in these quality caches. We have come to know the Eustis area very intimately...every wethole, pothole, backroad, and the shallow areas of Flagstaff. Don't plan on doing the caches with a motor-boat! These caches will be fun for those attending the Eustis Event on September 27 and will add to Kayaking Loon's first Event Cache in this beautiful location. We've had some very memorable moments while doing these caches and are looking forward to returning in Sept.....if not sooner! Again, thank you Jean and Stan.