vb:literal>

Thread: RE: Tech advice needed

Default RE: Tech advice needed

It is possible to save a You Tube or similar video on-line to a file. I have a colleague who is attempting to download some videos showing various types of smoke for a presentation and he wants to incorporate these videos into a presentation.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

If you see a You tube video there is usually a URL that you can copy and paste and save it that way.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I use one of the free online converters like the one at http://vixy.net/. Saves downloading or paying for a program. Sometimes one site doesn't let you do quite what you want or jams up from too much traffic, so you have to try another. Googling "Youtube video convert" usually does the trick.

PS: Still haven't forgotten about the wood boilers, just haven't been out that way yet...
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

You can google you tube conversion and come up with many applications will convert the you tube video to a variety of formats. I use one for work but I don't have the link here and can't remember the name--I'll look it up next time I physically go in to work because I have it in some notes there

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I use one of the free online converters like the one at http://vixy.net/. Saves downloading or paying for a program. Sometimes one site doesn't let you do quite what you want or jams up from too much traffic, so you have to try another. Googling "Youtube video convert" usually does the trick.

PS: Still haven't forgotten about the wood boilers, just haven't been out that way yet...
    Thanks for the advice . . . well that actually goes for everyone . . . but I also wanted to mention that I was wondering if you had forgotten, but then realized that you're probably just like me Dave . . . things get real, real busy in the Summer months and time just flies by. No problem. No worries. Whenever you get a chance.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    It is possible to save a You Tube or similar video on-line to a file. I have a colleague who is attempting to download some videos showing various types of smoke for a presentation and he wants to incorporate these videos into a presentation.
    FFJ, call me and I'll get you the "Reading smoke" educational/training video. Its is a very good presentation and covers everything. Let me know.

Take Care and Be Safe!!

As far as coverting the youtube.FLV files into iPod (mp4), .mov,.avi, .vdix there are several software/freeware available. I'll hook you up with what I have if you still need it.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    FFJ, call me and I'll get you the "Reading smoke" educational/training video. Its is a very good presentation and covers everything. Let me know.

Take Care and Be Safe!!

As far as coverting the youtube.FLV files into iPod (mp4), .mov,.avi, .vdix there are several software/freeware available. I'll hook you up with what I have if you still need it.
    Actually this firefighter attended this very same presentation in Indianapolis and this is the presentation that he is sharing with the rest of the crews. He has the DVD, but wants to supplement the presentation with some additional clips.