I would recommend a Harmon hot air furnace. I won't even begin to tell you how little amount of wood we burn because no one would believe it and I know a couple on the list would actually outright call me a liar. In the winter we keep our house 78 degrees day and night. It is partly because we like it at that temperature and partly because the stove cannot burn any slower and still stay lit. We put in a few floor ducts and I used 6 inch stove pipe to make a few hot air ducts. If you don't mind all the heat coming out of one spot (where the woodstove is located) you won't need to duct. It is fan driven but when power went out, it still put out plenty of radiant heat. It also burns coal if you wanted but our house is so small, I would have to keep most of the windows open in the winter to get rid of excess heat. I am perfectly willing to put wood into it and heat it up this summer if you are ever in the area and are interested in seeing it work. Zero degrees out and it will raise temperature 15 degrees in 10 minutes. O.K. I can hear the doubters starting to reply already so I won't say any more.