vb:literal>

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: paperless caching

I've been doing a little research...

Does this help?

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I've been doing a little research...

Does this help?

It just might....I'll look through it and try to figure it out. I think Vista may be my biggest problem.

Thanks.

Default My experiances

I have a Palm Zire 71 that I have had for at least 5 years. I know when I got it I was running XP at best and maybe 98 on my computer. Other than doing the occasional updates on the handheld the biggest things is to all the upgrades to Palm desktop online. When I got my new laptop it came with Vista. I haven't had much trouble with it. I do however load the caches from GSAK directly to the card through the card reader. It's faster and I've had no trouble there. Now if you have no card in your Palm or a card reader in your computer then this won't help of course. Good luck.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    I do however load the caches from GSAK directly to the card through the card reader. It's faster and I've had no trouble there. Now if you have no card in your Palm or a card reader in your computer then this won't help of course.
    I do this with my Tungsten E2 and it's quick and easy. I think I started doing this because I also had trouble with hot-sync, but it's been so long that I don;t remember.

Default Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm up and running!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all your help.

Quote Originally Posted by al'Thor View Post
    I'm up and running!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all your help.
    Sheesh! Tell us what the problem was! LOL! (Didn't have the HotSync cable plugged in???)

Default Operator Error!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! Tell us what the problem was! LOL! (Didn't have the HotSync cable plugged in???)

Well it was almost that simple.... Definitely operator error!!!

I installed the palm software shortly after getting it (x-mas) and did not touch it again till a couple of days ago when I downloaded Cachemate and GSAK.

So I started thinking about when I installed the palm software.....something was missing.....I remembered - When the install was complete it promped me to update from the internet. Guess what I never did? So I went to the palm website and downloaded all availible updates and whatda know....it works great!

So, I definately feel like a fool, but a least it was an easy fix. Thanks again for you time, although I feel as though I may have wasted it. Sorry.

Thanks again for you time, although I feel as though I may have wasted it. Sorry.
    Sheesh! Helping someone is never time wasted. LOL! (The bill will be in the mail tomorrow...)

Well it was almost that simple.... Definitely operator error!!!

I installed the palm software shortly after getting it (x-mas) and did not touch it again till a couple of days ago when I downloaded Cachemate and GSAK.

So I started thinking about when I installed the palm software.....something was missing.....I remembered - When the install was complete it promped me to update from the internet. Guess what I never did? So I went to the palm website and downloaded all availible updates and whatda know....it works great!

So, I definately feel like a fool, but a least it was an easy fix. Thanks again for you time, although I feel as though I may have wasted it. Sorry.
    Don't worry ~ we have all been there, done that and have the teeshirt to prove it.

I am constantly loosing activation codes and passwords. That brings me to a point here - don't forget to write down your activation information for Cachemate and GSAK (although you can get it back from them) - it's much easier if you have it when you are trying to get things installed on a new PC, laptop or netbook.

Have fun with your paperless journey!

Quote Originally Posted by shuman road searchers View Post
    I too would agree that paperless is the only way to go! I have only been paperless for 09 and like many before me did the whole paper thing when I first began in 08. Some will remember when Patrick ( Mapachi ) gave away his palm to the FTF on his Palm in Maine cache to help someone (me) go paperless. This now made caching quicker and with a lot less paper! I no longer use the palm since I have gone to the Nuvi ( now with 8000 caches on it) and would like to give it to someone,like Patrick did for me, to help them go paperless. This palm comes complete with a charger and cachemate already on it! Unlike Patrick who hid it in the wild for me to find I would like to just give it to Itlindian so that you can enjoy paperless caching like so many of us!
    THANKS FOR....."PAYING IT FORWARD" SO TO SAY.