vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where oh where did Exotic Pet Man's Baby Gorilla JoJo Go?

Post Where oh where did Exotic Pet Man's Baby Gorilla JoJo Go?

Well, the tale of JoJo is testimony that TBs do, sometimes, resurface. Here is the story:

Exotic Pet Man (EPM) loves TBs and is a relative of menace66 (now caching under MaineFamily). So as a jesture of friendship and to give him another TB to watch, I found this little Gorilla and launched it as a TB for EPM. I even let him name the Gorilla.

All this happened before TAT's Portal event at Mt. A. The intent was to get this TB to Germany from the event. So, after I had JoJo all rigged up with his tags, I took photos and dipped him into EPM's cache and he attended a couple of local events and handed him off to TAT at the Apres Last Cache Bashe of Summer Event last fall.

TAT dropped him into his Travel Portal Event II this fall and I never heard from JoJo. In fact, he sat dropped into the event until I finally logged him out as missing. No one I could find knew what happened to JoJo or had seen him! You would think a Gorilla running around Mt. A at an event would have been noticed!

I just figured JoJo had gone the way of lost TBs and was gone forever. The gorilla only cost me less the $1.00 at Mardens (although it was cool as he came with a tag of data about gorillas and I had laminated it) and the TB tags were about $4.00 plus I put the little dog tag protector to make him special (he was going on a long trip - I thought) about another $1.00.......so no biggie - he's gone.

Well, this week - I get a PM from a new cacher - in fact - a person who joined the web site because of JoJo. A while ago - this person was handed JoJo because the friend found him and thought this person might help. The new cacher was a letterboxer so was somewhat familiar with these sorts of websites..........low and behold, JoJo was coming home!

JoJo has come home to continue his adventures. After contacted me, arrangements were made and JoJo was left at the Discovery Museum to wait for me to "claim" him. I picked him up today. JoJo enjoyed the Museum and I will when I have more time to visit.

Nowwwwww, where has JoJo been? I asked him but he could not tell me. But, I do know where he was found - quite some time ago - in a WASHING MACHINE AT A LAUNDRY! Yes, that is right - he was not with the python or seeking water - but he did get a bath. At a laundry in ORONO!

Seems whoever gave him the bath, left him behind in the washing machine and another person (the one who contacted the boxer) found him when they went to do their wash!

See - TBs do sometimes reappear! What will JoJo's next adventure bring?

In case you would like to follow JoJo's future adventures his log may be found at TB15232

Oh - and JoJo said he prefers rinse - no soap!

Wink hmmmmm......

a laundry in Orono, you say. Well who could the masked person be? Let's think about this for a few minutes......................Hmmmmm......... .
    Who could have left JoJo behind?

Better there.......... than in the trunk.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

What a cool story Hollora!!! Yet another "found" tb to add to the success stories.

Thanks for sharing with all of us.

You are welcome - JoJo shares he prefers the rinse to the bubbles.........and the lamination on his tag survived submersion........woot!

WTF? Thats weird. First that he disappeared like that in the first place, but then he turns up in a freakin laundry in Orono. How far away is that from where he started?

Where the hell is that thing?

I love great TB stories, and here's another. Our "Looking for Roger" TB has been out there since March 2004, and has accumulated about 13,000 miles.

Go to the TB listing and note the log entries for 6/21/2008: "Sure doesn't look like "Looking for Roger Rabbit" and 7/13/2008: "Well this TB grossed out my wife, so I just had to take it. Will move it along quickly before it stinks up my place."

Huh? Sure doesn't make sense if they're talking about the plastic "Benny the Taxi" we released.

So I emailed the cacher who made the 7/13 entry and asked what he was talking about. Apparently the plastic car is missing, and someone attached the TB tag to an empty sardine can with a large cockroach inside! Sheesh!

Go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I love great TB stories, and here's another. Our "Looking for Roger" TB has been out there since March 2004, and has accumulated about 13,000 miles.

Go to the TB listing and note the log entries for 6/21/2008: "Sure doesn't look like "Looking for Roger Rabbit" and 7/13/2008: "Well this TB grossed out my wife, so I just had to take it. Will move it along quickly before it stinks up my place."

Huh? Sure doesn't make sense if they're talking about the plastic "Benny the Taxi" we released.

So I emailed the cacher who made the 7/13 entry and asked what he was talking about. Apparently the plastic car is missing, and someone attached the TB tag to an empty sardine can with a large cockroach inside! Sheesh!

Go figure!
    Oh my, morphed from a car to a sardine can........and with a bug inside too. Some folks do the darnest things.
    Last edited by hollora; 07-22-2008 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Forgot the punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by EvilHomer View Post
    WTF? Thats weird. First that he disappeared like that in the first place, but then he turns up in a freakin laundry in Orono. How far away is that from where he started?
    Well, actually not all that far - as he started in Hampden/Orrington area, but supposedly went to Mount A in Southern Maine.......I think he inadvertently got left in someone's pocket. That does sometimes happen.

Fortunately, the person who found it in the washer ~ handed it off to someone familiar with letterboxing so they got on the GC website and helped out. Have to put this out again and see if he has any better luck.

Have also had luck recovering ones which folks put in a backpack and tucked it away when they sort of fell out of caching. They forgot a TB was in the pack. When we realized who might have it, a PM and they looked, recovered the TB and moved it along.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Oh my, morphed from a car to a sardine can........and with a bug inside too. Some folks do the darnest things.
    Well you know this is possible . . . after all one of our Inspectors points out that the logo on Three Diamonds tuna cans looks a lot like the logo on Mitsubishi cars which is why he has postulated that Mitsubishis are being built out of recyled tuna cans and tuna cans are being manufactured from recycled Mitsubishis.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default Check this out

If you take Mitsubishi and add a strategically placed "s" it transforms to "its sushi". There is the tuna connection you were looking for.
    Happy Trails!