vb:literal>

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gsak

Hybrid View

Default Gsak

First things first.
    I have never kept a total of my caches on GSAK. I came across "Cache Stats" and thought it would be a good idea to have a record of my caches on my home page. Here's my problem...
    How do I get my total caches into GSAK? I have about 800 caches and the pocket quieries only allow 500 at a time. I tried doing it by each province and state, but I was still missing about 200 caches. Any suggestions?
    Once I get it in GSAK it will be a matter of updating the stats.

Go to Geocaching.com/your account/build pocket queries. Below the list of your current PQ's, you'll see a block that says "My Finds". This PQ will get you all of your "found" caches. You can either load this PQ into GSAK, or put it on your desktop and load it into "Cache Stats".

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Go to Geocaching.com/your account/build pocket queries. Below the list of your current PQ's, you'll see a block that says "My Finds". This PQ will get you all of your "found" caches. You can either load this PQ into GSAK, or put it on your desktop and load it into "Cache Stats".

Thank you!

Wow, that was so easy! There is one minor detail.... on Geocaching.com it says I have 783 caches. On the quiery it says I have 782. Why the difference?

Now, how do I get these stats into "Cache Stats?"

Default try this......

http://www.logicweave.com/cachestats.html

And read "everything". Something I was once taught.

I have it set up so when the GPX file is downloaded it automatically loads into cache stats. Or you can import GPX file with the tab at the bottom of your stats page.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    Thank you!

Wow, that was so easy! There is one minor detail.... on Geocaching.com it says I have 783 caches. On the quiery it says I have 782. Why the difference?
    I think that's a question for BRDAD! LOL!

The way I do it is: open the attachment (GPX file) to the email from GC.com and unzip the GPX file to your desktop.

Run CacheStats, Click on "open GPX file", and use the GPX file on your desktop. To create the code to add to your gc.com profile, go back to CacheStats, and click on "Export to HTML", then "copy to clipboard".

Go to your GC.com profile, "edit account details". Go to the "your profile details" and decide where you want to put CacheStats. Hit Ctrl +v to add the code to your profile page and you're done.

Sounds complicated, but once you've done it, it's not hard.

Good luck!

(Click on "our profile" below, and you'll see CacheStats on our profile. I updated it as I explained the procedure to you.)

Thank you!

Is it possible that you logged a cache more than once? Maybe it was moved and the owner allowed a second discovery. I don't know if that would be treated differently or not.

Default Ah Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    Is it possible that you logged a cache more than once? Maybe it was moved and the owner allowed a second discovery. I don't know if that would be treated differently or not.

Yes, that was the problem. Thanks everyone. I spent the day getting ready for my geocaching workshop that I'm doing with Mum and Dad (Mumsbee and the Old Drone) this weekend. Boy, there is so much to cover... I need to remember K.I.S.S.

Default Another resource....

http://www.itsnotaboutthenumbers.com/

This will link you to a website, that when you load in your " My Finds " PQ. Will let you know if you have double logged a cache. It's also the unofficial website for keeping track of your " Fizzy Challenge " progress. There is a way to use the website and not have your numbers public.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

[quote=Kaching Karen;44845]

Wow, that was so easy! There is one minor detail.... on Geocaching.com it says I have 783 caches. On the quiery it says I have 782. Why the difference?quote]

when i started caching, i did a lot of locationless caches. one was "dash for cache" which changed goals every few weeks. gsak only acknowledges the last one. it also only acknowledges the second of two caches i did that were moved/replaced and the owners allowed them to be logged a second time. i have 11 fewer cache finds on gsak that on geo.com because of this.
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

One thing I noticed early on was my PQ, or what was being shown on cachestats, resulting in less caches than my total finds. Not sure if anyone has answered this question yet or not, it was on page one, But I noticed if i added the number of caches found with those that had been archived, the totals matched between GC and Cachestats.