vb:literal>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gsak

That, by the way, is a useful piece of information and worth the price of admission.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    If you did not log ALL of your caches in the order you found them, they will not show up in order.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Default I'm with you Dave

I too am quite anal on how my caches get logged. Right order and date or I go in and fix them. It will mess up your milestones too, if doing a certain cache for a certain number means anything. Milestones used to mean more than they do now. When I hit 5000 I will pay attention. Or not!!
    Happy Trails!

Glad I am not alone
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

I have created a second database in GSAK of all of the caches in maine. I input a pq for another cacher and my finds show up! Why? How, if possible do I stop that from happening?

Quote Originally Posted by shuman road searchers View Post
    I have created a second database in GSAK of all of the caches in maine. I input a pq for another cacher and my finds show up! Why? How, if possible do I stop that from happening?
    The settings for GSAK are set to one user - you. You can edit it but it's a PITA to change and change back. There are macros that allow you to input one persons finds to a new database and let you compare those to yours if that was your goal. However, I was just invited to dinner so that's all I am saying.

Theoretically, it's against gc.com's TOU to share PQs. I'm sure that's not such a big deal if it's a family member, but stray from there and I am not so sure.
    Last edited by brdad; 09-03-2009 at 06:15 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

That was what I expected. The pq was one I just made up as a test!

I was able to fix the stats stat in regards to the milestone issue. Was nothing more than going into the options of the macro and unchecking the two boxes in the milestone section. Everything is displaying correctly for me now.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

I uploaded the geocaches from GSAK to my GPS. The name of the cache is listed, not the GC##### on the GPS. Is there anyway to change it? Thanks!

Sue

Yes......you can change that and more! Look up "tags" in the help file. When you export the file.....you want to check the waypoint name output format. Change it to %code if you want the GC#.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

For the GPSr, I like the tag %drop2. That loads the GC# without the GC prefix. Much easier to search for a cache on the list.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."