vb:literal>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gsak

Maybe GSAK doesnt count things like Earthcaches, Benchmarks, or event caches like GC.com does.

Where the hell is that thing?

GSAK can only keep track of what you put into it. Earthcaches and events are definitely counted. Benchmarks???? I am not sure.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Default Totals

I haven't run a "My Finds" PQ yet on GC.com but have set up the needed PQ's to pull all Maine caches using Mike's dates in the other thread. After having all 10 PQ's loaded into GSAK and running a finds filter, I am coming up a difference of 79 caches?? In looking through my finds on GC.com, i can see that 41 of them are archived and those are for sure not included in the PQ's. I get that. Where the heck are the other 38 caches and why are they not being included? Also, when I run the FindstatGen3 macro on the finds, GSAK is indicating that I am one more short as it is thinking I have logged a cache twice? The only thing in GSAK that I can see is two caches that have very very similar names:
    GCKWAE The Ol' Swimmin' Hole
    and
    GCVRHZ The 'Ol Swimmin' Hole
    I can't find any duplicates in my finds on GC.com either.

When I run the filter for the finds in GSAK, the only thing I am doing is unchecking the "Not Found' box. Is it possible to get this to reflect my true number of finds and what is the process involved? GSAK is still new to me so I'm just looking to learn...
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

MOTU...

Possibly Out of State caches?

As far as the two logs on one cache, it is probably in there. I had the same problem once when I mistakenly logged a find a second time instead of a note. The cache name does not make any difference, the macro uses the unique GCID to determine the cache. I don't remember any easy way to do it, sort of loading your myfinds PQ in a new GSAK database, and scrolling down the list using split screen view - logs only. Your myfinds PQ will only have your logs in it as well as the archived caches, so it makes this easier.

Other than that, double check your PQs and make sure no dates are skipped...
    Last edited by brdad; 08-30-2009 at 04:12 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

You can download all of your finds from GC.com and then there is a website, I wish I could remember the one, that you can use to check for duplicate logs. I did that one to find that I did log one 2 times

Go to the GSAK web site, go to their Forums and log in - then go to: FAQ Index Search: Type in found. It will explain the steps to find duplicate logs and also how to correct missing caches.

You can actually find duplicate logs using a feature in the filter function of GSAK. I am far from the GSAK expert - but this worked for me to correct my data.

There is an easy way to find it.

Download your my finds PQ and load it into the database you use for your found caches.

One of the columns available in GSAK is FCount (Found Count)

When the database is loaded and you can see the FCount column click on the FCount column header and it will list the caches by the number of times they have been found. Most of course will be 1 but down at the bottom of the listing on the FCount column there will be the ones found/logged more than once. They will show a 2 or more number in the FCount column.

You then can go and clean up the cache logs that are the problem.

I think I have three or maybe four that I have found more than once when they were moved a distance or re-listed after being archived and then re-activated.

If anyone has trouble with the above drop me a note and I will help if possible.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Post this is the one..........

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    You can download all of your finds from GC.com and then there is a website, I wish I could remember the one, that you can use to check for duplicate logs. I did that one to find that I did log one 2 times
    http://www.itsnotaboutthenumbers.com/
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    There is an easy way to find it.

Download your my finds PQ and load it into the database you use for your found caches.

One of the columns available in GSAK is FCount (Found Count)

When the database is loaded and you can see the FCount column click on the FCount column header and it will list the caches by the number of times they have been found. Most of course will be 1 but down at the bottom of the listing on the FCount column there will be the ones found/logged more than once. They will show a 2 or more number in the FCount column.

You then can go and clean up the cache logs that are the problem.

I think I have three or maybe four that I have found more than once when they were moved a distance or re-listed after being archived and then re-activated.

If anyone has trouble with the above drop me a note and I will help if possible.
    I didn't know you could do it this way - much easier. ;-)

Where is the Fcount column ,I don't seem to have it on mine?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.