vb:literal>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gsak

Open GSAK
    Tools Menu
    Options
    Display
    Found Count is a box that can be checked. Actually, any box that is checked will display.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Thumbs up here is another way

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    Open GSAK
    Tools Menu
    Options
    Display
    Found Count is a box that can be checked. Actually, any box that is checked will display.
    From the tool menu: View>Add/Delete columns and check the columns that you want to see on your GSAK page. Then go back to View>Save Current View this will ask you to name the view.

I have several views for different screens. My "mainframe" screen has all of the caches from Maine/Vermont and New Hampshire. I have it set up so I can see the most important info, like cache size, D/T ratings, placed by and last log, along with others. My finds screen does not need all of that info and all I have date found by me, DNF date, (yes I have my share) and I have added the found count to that screen. Thanks Dick for the information to make finding duplicates easier. I personally have none!
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    Open GSAK
    Tools Menu
    Options
    Display
    Cool,found it. Now I know why my found count was 1 off all the time. A cache was muggled and they placed a new cache with new coordinates and I found it a second time after calling it by the same name. Thanks Dick
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Ok, I went back in using the FCount column found that I had indeed had done a bug drop on a cache and logged it as a find, not a note. Thats been corrected and after running a finds PQ, I now have everything but archived caches and events showing up. I had all my dates right on the PQ's but not sure what GSAK was doing with the numbers. By loading all in the state and doing a filter for my finds, i was only getting 354 while doing an actual PQ for them, it'll display 388. Weird. I'm sure I'll be back here with another question soon.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

What does the bold lettering mean on the cache name?
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    What does the bold lettering mean on the cache name?
    That means that the cache contains child waypoints - parking / stages /etc...
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Airports

It took me a minute or two to figure out why I had airports showing up everywhere. After looking, it was these childwaypoints and all I had to do was change the icon in GSAK to the parking icon.

I have another stats question. Am I doing something wrong that is creating the incorrect stats using the macro mentioned earlier? I'm particularly looking at the milestone section. It's all messed up as it says I got my 1st and 50th find in 2009, then my 100th was in 2008, then back to 2009 for 150th and 200th. 350 came in 2007, 300 came in 2008, 350 came in 2006, and back to 2009 for my current recognized 388th. The dates are correct in GSAK and match GC.com so I don't get it.

If you did not log ALL of your caches in the order you found them, they will not show up in order. The default way the macro can determine find order is not by the date you logged it, but the order of the log ID number. The log ID number is a unique number associated with every cache log. It is buried in the GPX file; you will not see it under normal circumstances.

Information on how to fix this issue as well as others can be found on the Findstat FAQ page at the GSAK website.

I have been known to copy logs from 20 or 30 caches, paste them into notepad, delete all those logs, and then re-log them in the correct order so every log is in chronological order. And I don't even pay much attention to my stats. It just drives me nuts if they are not in order. But then, I can be a bit anal about these things (and a few others if you haven't noticed).
    Last edited by brdad; 09-03-2009 at 06:17 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I never thought it could make any difference to log them in order. I just find a bunch then log them. I'm not much into numbers or stats.

But those dates really seem messed up.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.