vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Look on Geocaching.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    try clearing your browsers cache and cookies, it didnt change for me until after i did that
    I cleaned the cookies out of my cache, and the cookie crumbs out of my keyboard, and that helped!

(Memo to self: Girl Scout Chocolate Mint cookies DO NOT go well with beer...)

I guess I should have left well enough alone. I deleted cookies and stuff and got the new site. Now when I try to use the map to find where the cache is located, it comes up with an error message. So much for caching tomorrow on the only day of the week I can go. How can I get the old site back?

Oh my.....for those still using paper....you can't print off cache pages (unless you cut and paste) and the maps do not allow you to zoom in anywhere near as close as they used to.

Question I beg to differ...

They have several options on the top of the page for printing. Simple with no logs, PDF with or without logs. The map at the bottom of the page will let me zoom in as close as I want. I'll assume you need to be logged in to do these features. My is working fine though.
    Happy Trails!

When I try for the map of the cache itself, it comes up with a message "internet explorer cannot open the internet site. Operation aborted." I was able to try one cache yesterday because I knew it was in the middle of Keoka lake. Unfortunately, that was the only one we could do. I sure am going to miss caching. Don't know what we will do for fun and exercise from now on. Thanks to Geocaching.com for "improving" the site.

I don't know anything about the printer part as we don't have a printer. I always just wrote down the coordinates on a piece of paper which I can still do, but since I can't get a map, I can't see any of the nearby caches to look up those caches. And without being able to see local roads, it would be hours of driving just trying to pin the cache down with a GPS arrow.

If you have the coordinate you can type them into Google earth. to find roads. Then you can click the all nearby caches line just before the logs to find nearby caches.

Quote Originally Posted by balinda View Post
    If you have the coordinate you can type them into Google earth. to find roads. Then you can click the all nearby caches line just before the logs to find nearby caches.
    Google earth is wonderful with high speed - darterkitfox has dial up and google earth is impossible (taking hours to load - if it does at all)

I also noticed that with the new site, sometimes when I print out the page some of the page doesn't print--like the coordinates! I've had to print the cache out 2 and 3 times to get the whole thing to come out. I'm not sure what that's about either. It sometimes looks like the whole thing is shifted to the side too. Maybe the new site isn't communicating with my printer like it did before. Again, I am not computer smart enough to know how to fix it.

This just makes me want to expedite my palm pilot purchase!

Unhappy Sorry for the troubles

As I said when they changed over I just saw the new look. An e-mail to Groundspeak may yield some insight to the problem. I would think that would like to help you out. After all you are the customer.
    Happy Trails!