vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downeast Dog News

Hybrid View

Post Downeast Dog News

There is an article in this month's Downeast Dog News about letterboxing and geocaching with your dog.

Do you have the link?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I'm not sure how good an article it could be if they didn't interview me and GeoKeiko. She goes on 95% of the caches with me and has canoed, snowmobiled, and flown to various places. She gets no free ride when I bike to them though. I have my limits and having her ride on the handle bars is mine. She has to run beside me. We have pictures of her on cliffs, in rivers, meadows, and beaches. Well I guess the writer did they best they could.

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    I'm not sure how good an article it could be if they didn't interview me and GeoKeiko. She goes on 95% of the caches with me and has canoed, snowmobiled, and flown to various places. She gets no free ride when I bike to them though. I have my limits and having her ride on the handle bars is mine. She has to run beside me. We have pictures of her on cliffs, in rivers, meadows, and beaches. Well I guess the writer did they best they could.
    You meant to say they neglected to interview Moxie right? afterall she is the best Geodog

Have gone to their web site and it looks like the article may only be in their print edition. Their web site is http://www.downeastdognews.com

I don't think this person know a lot about geocaching or they have an alias. A cache was published in my area this morning by someone named David and that profile leades you to a cacher named downeastdognews. I e-mailed him/her this morning because it looks like the cache might have a problem but I haven't heard back yet.
    Slowly but surely

I just got a reply from this David person. So now I'll have to go look for the cache....
    Slowly but surely

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Have gone to their web site and it looks like the article may only be in their print edition. Their web site is http://www.downeastdognews.com
    the article is only in there print edition but if you want to read it you can locate a place near you that has the paper. it says it is free i am getting one today.

well we got the paper and it is a real good article the odd thing is we have no pets. well written and quite accurate. good job by all means.

But what about the cache hide - any feedback here folks?

Since this is sort of a dog thread, I have to post - I LOVE Moxie, GeoKeiko, Jock & Sweetie and all the GeoDogs I have met. And, let me add, all the Geocachers with Geodogs - know their dogs and conduct their activitites accordingly.

Can not, however, say my caching experience at Prentiss Woods for the Creepy Crawlers cache with the "local dog walkers" was a good experience. It wasn't awful ~ but it wasn't pleasant. I personally, don't care to walk through dog poop, have my crotch sniffed, have a dog hold the baby buggy at bay barking on the trail ~ off leash ~ and not willing to pass, or hanging out of the car window in the parking lot barking their head off like they were going to eat you up.

In due respect, there were a small, very small few, of local dog walkers with their dogs on leash, respectful or others and very cordial on the trail. Dog people who do not believe in leashing their dogs and/or controling a dog's barking in public needs to understand they are contributing to the reason more and more restrictive dog laws are being enacted.

Will have to get a copy of that article to read. Thanks for the info and the tread.