Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 62

Thread: Tread Lightly 2008: I CALL SHOTGUN!!!!

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Steph/Aaron . . . maybe I can even sweeten the pot so to speak . . . pizza at UHOP afterwards . . . assuming you don't drop your end causing my stove to break and/or the slate hearth to break.
    ok, let me get this straight... you're bribing me with beer to move a 500lb stove, and you want it to end up in it's final location, in one peice, in tact, and still in it's original shape......



    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO!!!!! THAT'S A GOOD ONE!!!! HAHAHAH!!!!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    ok, let me get this straight... you're bribing me with beer to move a 500lb stove, and you want it to end up in it's final location, in one peice, in tact, and still in it's original shape......



    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO!!!!! THAT'S A GOOD ONE!!!! HAHAHAH!!!!!
    Hmmmm . . . you do make a good point since I remember well what the metal chimney looked like after you helped me remove it from the roof.

    If you are in fact interested . . . I'm asking another buddy to help me move the stove at 4 p.m. since he is a trucker and goes to bed around 6 p.m. on Sundays. I figure if we can't move the stove 40 feet in two hours we may be in trouble.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brewer, Maine
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    ok, let me get this straight... you're bribing me with beer to move a 500lb stove, and you want it to end up in it's final location, in one peice, in tact, and still in it's original shape......



    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO!!!!! THAT'S A GOOD ONE!!!! HAHAHAH!!!!!
    ...and if you give him the pizza first, his hands will be greasy (slip hazzard)

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Hmmmm . . . you do make a good point since I remember well what the metal chimney looked like after you helped me remove it from the roof.

    If you are in fact interested . . . I'm asking another buddy to help me move the stove at 4 p.m. since he is a trucker and goes to bed around 6 p.m. on Sundays. I figure if we can't move the stove 40 feet in two hours we may be in trouble.
    around 4ish sounds good to me
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    ...and if you give him the pizza first, his hands will be greasy (slip hazzard)
    Hmmm . . . good point. Probably shouldn't ply him with adult beverages before hand either, eh?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    around 4ish sounds good to me
    Thanks Aaron . . . 4 p.m. then. I figure we should be able to get everything in place within 10-15 minutes . . . and then we can go up on the roof, walk around a bit and admire the view (since I know how much you love heights) and then later we can attempt to drag out the old Ford Maverick that is rusting away in the side yard . . . by hand . . . either that or just toss around some really heavy rocks from the stone wall for old times sake.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Thanks Aaron . . . 4 p.m. then. I figure we should be able to get everything in place within 10-15 minutes . . . and then we can go up on the roof, walk around a bit and admire the view (since I know how much you love heights) and then later we can attempt to drag out the old Ford Maverick that is rusting away in the side yard . . . by hand . . . either that or just toss around some really heavy rocks from the stone wall for old times sake.

    So... I'm assuming that it was you that stopped by to drop off all of the BFD giveaway prizes for the event???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    So... I'm assuming that it was you that stopped by to drop off all of the BFD giveaway prizes for the event???
    They're yours to do with them what you will . . . but I kind of figured you would want to keep the official BFD Six-pack cooler.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    They're yours to do with them what you will . . . but I kind of figured you would want to keep the official BFD Six-pack cooler.
    yeah, that and the flaming magnet, that's goin over the fuel door on the company truck...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  10. #60
    dí76 Guest

    Default

    I got the camo thong packed and the pole for the entertainment. I think I'm ready. It might look funny whereing my thong over long johns at night but we will get by.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •